“I'd avoid the buffet”

Ranked #79 of 165 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
“I'd avoid the buffet”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've eaten at Frisch's on Main Street twice in the last month. Both times there were service related issues. I think we actually had the same server both times. She would see people that she knows and walk over and start chatting with her friends, instead of waiting on customers. We didn't say anything about it because it is what it is. It's cheap food and it's fast.

The food was as expected. It took about 10-15 minutes for the food to arrive, which is pretty fast.

The serious issue that needs addressed: While we were waiting on the manager to come over so that we could pay we witnessed a man and his younger daughter (probably 6-8 years old) at the buffet. Her head was just above the "bar" area and her face was food level. She continuously coughed without covering her mouth, directly onto the food. It wasn't just one cough. We stood there a few minutes and she continued to cough (she was clearly sick). I saw an employee notice it happening, they did nothing. The manager saw the look of horror on my face and looked over at the little girl. She didn't do anything either. I didn't see any employees approach the family, or the buffet for that matter.

That leads me to this: Germs and saliva (among other things) are expelled when someone coughs. The little girl wasn't covering her mouth, and was coughing over the food, which means whatever was expelled was done so on the food. That's pretty disgusting, not to mention unhealthy for unsuspecting customers.

This isn't the first time I've witnessed less than thrilling manners at the buffet (for this location). On one occasion, there was a woman who was getting food off of the buffet (for breakfast). She didn't use utensils. She used her hands to pick up the food, whether it was biscuits or potatoes. Luckily, I had already picked up my food when I noticed her doing this.

• Visited March 2013

South Charleston, Ohio
“Comfort food, family friendly”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Good food and service every time! Got salad bar and water. But my daughter got pumpkin pie and it looked and tasted amazing. Great value. A family favorite and we are never disappointed.

Springfield, Ohio, United States
“Quick Lunch”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

There are 2 Frischs in town but the best one is on Bectel Avenue . The food is cooked to order , so when you get it its hot . The service is fast and friendly as well .

Visited August 2012
Wilmington, NC
“Like seeing an old friend again”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had eaten at Frishc's many times as a youngster and must say that it was as good as I remember. Not fine dining but certainly good food and good value.

Visited June 2012