“A typical Cracker Barrel, which is a good thing. Good food and good service; convenient location.”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #4 of 166 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My standard for rating a chain restaurant on Tripadvisor is 4 stars if they do not do anything horribly wrong or outstanding. This Cracker Barrel is a perfect example of a chain restaurant that does everything correctly. The food is as expected, tasty, and the service is as expected, good. The location is convenient, right off of I-70 . I thoroughly enjoy the grilled catfish (not the breaded one, which is waaay too bready) and the fried okra and apples. A nice place to stop if you want a tasty meal.

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Cracker Barrel is a very good restaurant to go eat at with family, friends, business, and solo because you get time to feel like your back in the old days with the Western scenery.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Love the food but I also love their little store which is what you walk into from the front door. It has a rustic look and carries many unique items you may not find in a regular store. I generally order my food and do a little window shopping while my meal is being prepared

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had lunch here today and were very pleased with everything. We had great service. The meat loaf dinner is one of our favorites and it was delicious as were the vegetables and hash brown casserole. Love the decor and gift shop as well. Good dining experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having the baked sweet potato on the menu as a regular vegetable choice is excellent! I did notice that the green beans at this location are not cooked down as much as they are at other Cracker Barrels. These look more like they were poured from a can and heated while others I have had appeared to have been cooked down more. Also, the tea was not as good as it usually is.