“Love cracker barrel breakfasts”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #5 of 165 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Love the food but I also love their little store which is what you walk into from the front door. It has a rustic look and carries many unique items you may not find in a regular store. I generally order my food and do a little window shopping while my meal is being prepared

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had lunch here today and were very pleased with everything. We had great service. The meat loaf dinner is one of our favorites and it was delicious as were the vegetables and hash brown casserole. Love the decor and gift shop as well. Good dining experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having the baked sweet potato on the menu as a regular vegetable choice is excellent! I did notice that the green beans at this location are not cooked down as much as they are at other Cracker Barrels. These look more like they were poured from a can and heated while others I have had appeared to have been cooked down more. Also, the tea was not as good as it usually is.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had country fried steak dinner and chicken n dumplings. Food was ok. Keeps you from starving but definitely not like grandmas. I think they boil the chicken separate and then Add it all together, yum yum not. And they insist on putting everything on one plate so the green bean juice n the carrot juice n the corn juice all wind up in the dumplings. Nothing like watered down dumplings. Server was very good and hostesses too and for 25 bucks can't expect five stars i guess.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My mother and I both got the oven fried chicken with broccoli. My broccoli was cooked just right, it was crisp and yet very chewable. My mother's broccoli was so hard she could not chew it. I tried cutting it for her, but the stems were so hard I could not even cut it. Many of the stems were white. The chicken was different. I have had it before, but for some reason this seemed soggy or mushy. However, Steven, was our server and he was excellent. He made it worth stopping.