“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Bowling Green, Ohio
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed while attending a horse show in the area. The hotel was our "host" hotel for the event for the second time. The staff was incredible with helping all our members. Staff members, Kevin, Darla and Julia went the extra mile to help us with the little extras for our judges and did everything with a smile and a "thank you." The room was clean and quiet. Great pool area and a decent breakfast.

We had the most contact with Darla and she was so helpful with places to eat, things to see and assisted us in finding the area hospital when we needed to visit the emergency room. She was even waiting for us when we returned to be sure everything was alright.

Service these days is difficult enough, but when you have a staff that goes the extra mile in making your stay comfortable and truly means it when they inquire "if everything is ok"—individuals make note and we WILL stay at this RRI again next year during the show.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RRI607, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Valued Guest Pavon3307,

Thank you for the generous review, we are always honored to be the host hotel for the horse show.

We are glad to hear that we are able to provide the service that is expected of us to be part of the shows.

As always we will be looking forward to the next year's show.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dixon, IL
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed 4 days while visiting family in the area. We were greeted and quickly checked in by the very friendly and personable lady behind the front desk. All the staff we encountered were very nice! It's a great place to stay if you have a pet with you. The rooms were very clean and unlike other places I've stayed that were pet friendly, it didn't smell. There was a pool, but we didn't get a chance to use it. The beds were good, but the window had condensation all over it, but we didn't spend much time looking out anyway. They offer continental breakfast, which I'm not a fan of anyway, but the other members of my party liked it. I thought the orange juice was very watered down and the scrambled eggs a bit rubbery. My husband wished they had some fresh fruit, but he and his sister both liked the sausage gravy. There is a Bob Evans across the street and a Cracker Barrel around the corner. Very easy access off the interstate. The bathroom was average but clean. They have those water saver faucets that I hate, where the water comes out in a circle with nothing in the middle! But overall, it was very nice, and we are planning on staying there again next time we are out there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Valued Guest Jaffa76,

Thank you for the great review, we are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to apologize the poor breakfast selection and I'll looking into making improvements on the selections we provide.

Once again, thank you for the great review and hoping to see you again on your next trip to Springfield, OH.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Red Roof Inns have two things going for them: the price and pet friendly. But these things often mean smelly and/or dirty rooms. Not so at the Springfield, Ohio inn. I stay there twice a year with my two cats. The rooms are clean and smell fresh. I don't know how they do it since many of the guests come with animals. The staff is friendly and very helpful. This inn is right on I70 and is conveniently near Wittenberg University, the wonderful art community of Yellow Springs and not far from Dayton or Columbus or I75.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sallysperry
RRI607, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Sallysperry,

Thank you for the great review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Hope to see you again on your next trip to Springfield, OH.
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is my 1st ever review and I'm only writing it because if you can't sleep on a hard bed then this is not the hotel for you. My husband and I had the worse back ache after sleeping on the bed or I should say lack of sleep. I felt like the price was high for a Red Roof but we did call at the last minute for a room. It's outdated but clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We didn't stay for breakfast so I can't rate that. It's easy to access and restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI607, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Kim907.

Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our bedding did not satisfy your needs. Please accept our sincerest apology.

We have replaced all of our bedding within last 24 months and we will be sure keep your comments in mind during our next renovation phase.

Thank you and hope to see you again on your next trip to Springfield, OH.
ny
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here April 13, 2013. Booked a smoking room, but when we got there it reeked. Really. So I went to the desk to change rooms but there was a group of people trying to book multiple adjoining rooms, so I figured we were stuck. Went to dinner - don't go to Bob Evans - it made our trip start looking cursed. Back at the hotel we were passing through the lobby to our dismal room when the manager saw us and called us over. She apologized for the room and took us to a lovely smoke free room that was clean, comfy bed, nice bath. She went out of her way to make the first day of a long road trip not only tolerable but really nice. For this woman, wish I remembered her name, I am giving this place five stars. We would def stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank harley22
Dear Harley22,

Thank you for the wonderful review and we are glad to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable with us. I'll be sure to share you comments with my front desk GSR.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Springfield, OH
phoenixville pa
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our party booked three rooms, but wouldn't let us check in until the person who booked the rooms arrived, even though we had the confirmation numbers. Not a problem unless you're travelling with an infant that wants to go to bed.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Joeg2010,

I would like to apology for any inconvenience we may have caused you during the check-in process but, to protect our guest safety and security we have to follow certain guidelines.

Please accept our sincerest apology and hope to see you again on your next trip to Springfield, OH.
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The good.
Very comfy bed. Fridge and microwave. Newish sink that is out of sight of the room. Larger than ave bathroom. Door to bath is 36" vs usual smaller 32". Very large picture window in room. Cont breakfeast. Large hallways and corridors. Did not use the indoor pool. Service at Front desk was very helpful. Good price for a room.

Not so good.
Biggest concern---adjoining rooms. The policy I was told was Red Roof Inn does NOT allow adjoining rooms. The problem was the locks. The door on my side had a lock that would not lock. I did NOT want an adjoining room. I wanted the door locked. When I called the manager I was told the door on the other side was sealed and there was no way someone in the next room could enter. That might be true, however, how hard would it have been to give me a lock that functioned for peace of mind. A bench in the room was moved into a position to prevent the door from opening.

Less concern. Bathroom mirror was wiped with a rag and was not cleaned, but very streaked.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Mel1150,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like assure you that we will be sure to address safety issue you mentioned regarding adjoining rooms.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again on your next trip to Springfield, OH.