“Fishing Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

What started as a fishing trip ended up as a hiking and exploring trip. They have great, scenic trails everywhere and the little river with the bridges over it is beautiful.

1 Thank crackerman1981

Hancock, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Average State Park”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We drove through on a cool spring day just to see the sights - there was access to water, beaches, trails, birds, trees, and animals - not bad. Oh - and frisbee golf. Double oh - a (closed for the season) restaurant, or so said the sign.

The park would make for a nice quick getaway from the city, especially on a hot summer day. If I'm in the area again I'll have to hike the trails.

For the boaters there is ample boat access.

For tree trimming maintenance it looks like the trees next to the road are bludgeoned and ripped asunder to maintain them, the branches were not cut but ripped or hacked through, it was kind of sad to see all of trees along the road like this. Poor trees.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JimmySmallBerries
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“The park is nice but beware...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We enjoy driving around the park "animal watching". We have seen various animals over the years and we have enjoyed picnics at the park as well. It's a beautiful area. The problem is what happens around dark. I'm not sure exactly what's going on (although I have an idea) but men in vehicles (only men) drive around the park and eventually end up parking in areas and forming a large group. I find it terrifying due to our experience. We happened to drive through "their section" and noticed at least a dozen cars backed into spots and several men standing by the cars. At that point, we continued on and left the park. We didn't leave alone. One of the men followed us out of the park and continued following us. My husband noticed we were being followed so we pulled in the Marathon Station at Route 40 (yes, they followed us that far. Luckily, we didn't go home) and we got out and went inside to see what would happen. We stood at the window and proceeded to watch the man pull up to a gas pump (he did not get gas) and he got out of his car and stood by it and watched us for well over 5 minutes. After awhile when he realized we weren't coming outside, he left. I have absolutely no idea why he followed us or what he thinks that we saw. It was a scary experience.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank fusionchick
Vermilion, Ohio
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“Beautiful State Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Buck Creek State Park is a wonderful park to visit in the fall. The dam was about a mile across and very windy to walk across. There were lots of people enjoying the park on the water and around the water. We hike the lakeshore path which ran about 7 miles on the shores of the lake. There were several beaches including a swimming one. There is a marina with a snack bar, a camp store and several shelters to reserve. It is a perfect place for a picnic.

Visited October 2012
Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Worse than terrible cabins”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband, parents, and I stayed at a cottage at Buck Creek State Park. It was very nasty. The carpet, chairs, and couches all had mysterious stains. The cabin was supposed to be non smoking but had a very strong cigarette odor. We tried to air out the cabin by opening windows and sprayed everything with a full bottle of Febreeze but it still smelled bad. I complained to the camp office and they said they could not do anything. The carpet had mold in it and we all woke with lots of congestion. I will not stay at the cottages again. My family has reunion there every year and the quality of the cottages has severely decreased. Tent camping seems glorious compared to that gross cottage.

Visited July 2012