“Hey, Man your cashier stand why don't ya?”

Collier's Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 164 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: We are family owned and operated and take great pride in providing you with the best food around! Our staff will take great care of you and we will provide you a value unlike no other. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or all three, we look forward to serving you soon.
Michigan
“Hey, Man your cashier stand why don't ya?”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I arrived a little after 9 am and was seated promptly, it was a million degrees out already , and my waitress took my drink order (coffee). I should have asked for a water too, but judging by my recent pee...I wasn't too dehydrated yet...but still should have gone for a water.

I ordered the 5 89 pick three special, so I picked 2 eggs , toast, and sausage.
the sausage was a bit dry but other wise ok , the eggs came out ok and the toast was ok...coffee OK. So up until here...I was fine with the food and the service was fine...but a few minutes into my eating a huge amount of folks came pouring out of the banquet room (I hope it was the banquet room otherwise about 20 guys all went to the pee/poo together and probably shared stalls). and they all just lined up at the cashier...and waited and waited. NO CASHIER, Thank goodness I wasn't finished yet with my meal.
Eventually I finished and the restaurant wasn't busy busy...but it still had some diners milling about and at least 2 wait people with in eyesight.
I left a $1.75 tip and headed with my bill to the register to also find it unmanned.
So I waited and waited and stared down the security camera, I was gonna break a 20 but after waiting and waiting and seeing one waitress pouring coffee and another really just in idle chatter with a 3some that I can only surmise to be regulars. (I nearly returned to my table to snag the tip , I was that pissed). I fished around and found a 5 and 2 singles and placed my bill for 6.84 under a stapler and headed out into the heat... Times wastin' here., I've got sunburn blisters to acquire and a full day of ohio cornfields to drive past.... tick tick tick.

I was winding up a two day trip and not really in a hurry, but come on, staff up, but If I actually was on some type of schedule...I'd be livid and for certain would have snagged some of that tip..

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank willdriveforfood

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Like eating at Grandma's”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Worth the trip from Beavercreek. Great comfort food at a good price.

Made from scratch bread and a better hot fudge cake than Frisch's.

I also had the salmon, mashed potatoes w/chicken gravy, and cole slaw. My partner had the Country Club sandwich and fries. The food and the service were excellent.

Loved the atmosphere of the place. The building is well-maintained and clean inside and out.

We were asked two questions when we paid out bill: "How was your food?" and "How was your service?" They certainly care about what they're doing.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank NoCleverCreation
West Milton, Ohio
“Collier's an old fashioned restaurant”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went here twice last week of May. I had the fried chicken meal with 2 sides on Friday and then the next day I had the Rueben. Went with two different groups of friends. I think the specials are the best deal. Chicken was fried well and moist inside and there was so much I could take it home and had two more meals. The cole slaw is good here. The best value is the chicken breast with 2 sides for $6 and change. Lay out of the place could be a little better. I think it is a converted Bill Knapps.

• Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
“A family restaurant with delicious home cooked food.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited Sunday and the homemade chicken noodles were the best! Homemade pies and cakes just like the Grandma used to make! Casual quiet atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
Ohio
“It's like going home...”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have visited Collier's Family Restaurant twice since our daughter/step-daughter started Wittenberg University. The food is just awesome, the atmosphere is so genuine, and we just love it. We are made to feel welcome and the food is just delicious. It's definitely not a chain which makes incredibly refreshing.

• Visited March 2013