“Just a joy .........”
Review of Simon Kenton Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springfield
Simon Kenton Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Springfield B&B and Inns
Masaryktown, Florida
“Just a joy .........”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Simon Kenton Inn a Bed and Breakfast located between Urbana and Springfield, Ohio is a joy. My family of 7 (including a small child) stayed there in July, we rented the cabin located on the property. The cabin was clean, comfortable and spacious. Our daily breakfasts at the Inn were delicious and generous. Spent days playing board games under the magestic shade tree. Our 22 month old roamed freely and safely on the grounds. Evenings could be spent in our quiet cabin or at the Inn listening to music, enjoying a cold beer or an assortment of wines. Though we never ate a dinner at the Inn, the food looked great and I heard nothing but raves about the taste. Many kodos to Theresa who is the owner and operator on the Inn. We will make this our place to stay when visiting this area !!!

Room Tip: The cabin is seperate from the Inn and gave us the family privacy we so wanted. Rumor is in a few ye...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Simon Kenton Inn and had dinner there two nights and loved it. We had a king room in what they call the Barn and it was very nice. You could park right outside your door and that made it nice. We brought friends that we knew from college (Wittenberg University there in Springfield) out one night and it was so easy for conversation and we had lots of attention from the wait staff. The bar area is very nice and we enjoyed a glass of wine before dinner. The owner is on property and it was great talking with her and learn how she rehabbed this place into a lovely inn. I would recommend it to anybody visiting in the area!

Room Tip: I believe any area would be nice to stay in. It is just a nice property overall!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bhende
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We had our Christmas dinner party for our company there! The grounds are beautiful and the new bar area is great. Food was great too! Everyone in our group (30) commented on how nice is was. We did not stay over, just ate there!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Eaton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My son and his wife had their wedding hosted by them. The place they had(the springfield house) was not prepared for the wedding, rooms were locked, and no place to get ready. They did try to help and were very nice, but it was still lacking and frustrating. We move to Simon Kenton to finish the rehersal and were put outside, cold and dark. The food at the reception was tough. We had a wonderful wedding dispite this and there shortcomings and it was not worth the money for the hassle that we recieved. This was the last wedding between the two companies and I feel they took their problems out on us. We deserve a refund at the very least and an apology. It should have been taken care of before we arrived difference or not. We should not have even known there was a problem with the two companies. A couple wanting to have a great event didnt need this. With limited budget they were expecting a little more professionalism. Your a big company, they deserve there money back. Mother of the Groom

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Denise H
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I can't say enough about the owner and staff here at the Simon Kenton Inn. They made our wedding day into the most special day of our lives. The food is excellent, the surroundings are beautiful, the guest rooms are comfortable and clean. Any request that we had was immediately accommodated. We had a ceremony and reception for 200 in the pavillion area, with a cocktail hour, followed by dinner and dancing. Theresa and her staff will make your event go off without a hitch!

• Stayed September 2011
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My local high school 40th anniversary was held at the Simon Kenton Inn, so I decided to spend a couple nights there rather than one of the other hotels / motels in Springfield... glad I did... It was great.

I was in the new one year old Quonset style building next to the large group event building with roll down/up walls. The room (one of four) was neat as a pin and extremely well kept. Both a shower and large jacuzzi tub were there.

Having read some of the other reviews... I can tell you it IS NOT a B&B... it's a true Inn with the amenities one would expect from an inn, but a gourmet breakfast is included. The main historical building has dining downstairs and (4) guest suites upstairs. The downstairs is where you get an awesome breakfast that's included with the room fee. Dinner is optional, but well worth exploring. Their catered dinner at our event had very good prime rib, chicken, greens, potatoes, etc. and fresh cheesecake!

It's a lot more value for your money comparing privacy, service and quality for the price of a modest motel with no privacy, no food, no bar, etc. That's why I chose to stay here.

The next building is a gourmet restaurant and full service bar... albeit cozy. I recommend reservations for evening dining.

The staff are all very pleasant and attentive to your needs. If there is one thing missing, it's an ice machine at the rear building, which they are working on. In the interim, just ask for all you want at the restaurant. They are very accommodating.

As far as paying your bill at the end of your stay... yes, you should catch one of the staff at breakfast, as they are just so trusting and laid back... when I arrived, they met me, gave me a guided tour to my room and gave me the key while showing me my room and amenities and asking if this was OK... I said great... period.

Would I stay there again... You Bet!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank rharford2619
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The inn is beautiful and the hospitality & service are superb. The food is delish (don't miss Theresa's English Torte). My room and bath were impeccably clean. The grounds are well cared for and historically significant. I definitely hope to stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple