“RECENT REHAB!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
“RECENT REHAB!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We came here for a weekend of travel sports. We were pleasantly surprised at the brand new, full blown renovation when we walked in. It's all brand new paint, tile, wallpaper and furnishings throughout. Loved the colorful decor. Beds were comfy, pillows fluffy. Staff very pleasant & efficient.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gemluvr18k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
La Grange Park, Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stopped here on trip with my mother and aunts and uncles during a trip across the country to see other aunts and uncles. We all had a very nice stay here and the beds are very comfortable too. The place was harder to get to through other parking lots but worth the find.

Room Tip: We checked many web sites and got a pretty good rate for the rooms we had, I cannot tell you how muc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MillerTyme2
Ohio
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We did an overnight here so I could visit family, we usually stay elsewhere, but they had no rooms available. I prefer this side of town, so I started reading reviews about this hotel and saw it was in the middle of renovations and updates. Although you can clearly see where they are not done with all the updating, what they have done so far is really nice. The room was facing the highway, so I was worried at first about noise, but to my surprise it was really quiet in the room. Nice carpets, beds, and desk area, even had a microwave and fridge.

The person who checked us in , Stephanie, was beyond courteous, very pleasant, let us know about all the specials we could recieve from restaurants nearby, as well as breakfast.
We will definately start staying here on our trips back home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel was clean with a nice pool and communal breakfast area. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good although the fruit salad was a little past its best. What makes this hotel stand out was the staff from the front desk to the lady running the breakfast bar they were very pleasant and friendy and this was Thanksgiving where I'm sure they would rather have been elsewhere.

I'd stay here again and hope they keep the staff.

This is some work being done to the exterior but it didnt bother us at all. It is within walking distance of a few restaurants etc.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed here in September for a week while on a business trip. They were on their last 2 weeks of renovations and the room i was given on the 3rd floor was nicely decorated with modern furniture.

Pros:
1. Room was quiet and bed was comfy
2. TV channel selection was large
3. Lobby was nicely upgraded
4. Fitness room and equipment was brand new once they finally opened it halfway through my stay
Cons:
1. Breakfast selection was not great (fruit had an awful taste, waffle mix was not as good as other similar hotels, eggs (out of a carton) and sausage (rubbery) were the only hot choices everyday
2. Soaps were very very basic - bring your own if you care what you use
3. Sitting furniture in rooms are lacking with only one small sitting chair and a desk chair, would have been nice to have a small love seat or chaise lounger.
4. I was promised upon check in that because i was an Elite Rewards member I would get 200 bonus points in my account due to my stay happening during their renovation. i still have not seen those bonus points and when i asked about them later they said it would take time and just keep looking for them. It's been 2 weeks now and nothing except for my normal reward points for staying there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days here after making reservations weeks earlier. I learned the Inn was sold out but we did get in. Even though I have hundreds of thousand Marriott points, I elected to pay for this stay. As noted by others, the Inn has been undergoing renovations since February but this really didn't present any problems. The staff was very accommodating in most respects. One of my big concerns was the small room (room 308). The room, located right beside the elevator, had a king size bed and a desk chair to work at the counter. No electrical outlet on one side of the bed in the room, and, therefore, no table or lamp. Since I brought a long extension cord, I could string it over the bed, I asked for an additional chair, a bedside table, and a lamp. I offered to buy them at the Target next door but the staff explored the inoperable rooms and came up with a lamp and we borrowed a table and chair from the lounge area downstairs off the lobby. All the staff except one was very helpful. In summary...while Room 308 (and Room 208) are very small and not well appointed, I think it was probably an oversight. Would have been fine for one person. Never had any elevator noise. Rooms nicely done with the exception of my comments. The Manager offered to move us another day when another room would become available but we had settled in by that point and didn't have time to move. Would have been a nice place if we had had a better (normal) room.

Room Tip: Only one guest to rooms 308 and 208.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear CarpeDiem45,
Thank you for your feedback of the Fairfield Inn Springfield. I'm glad that you found my staff helpful during your stay. I'm sorry that your room didn't have an extra table and lamp, but I'm happy that we were able to find an extra one for you. Please stop back the next time you find yourself in Springfield.

Briana B.
Michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel has just undergone a complete renovation and is fabulous. The rooms and lobby are beautiful. The new beds are very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were great. There is a fitness room but we did not use it. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding with make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, breads, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family