“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Orlando, FL
“Wonderful Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn during my one night stay in Springfield Ohio for a wedding. The service was great, beds and room were comfy. Be warned the train passes by quite a few times during the evening. This may make it hard for some to sleep if your a light sleeper.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Amherst, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Just returned from overnight stay in Springfield. We had a "walk-in" discount coupon that made this the best deal in Springfield. I had done alot of research prior to travelling and this hotel had the best reviews and we weren't disappointed. Check-in was very smooth and we were informed about numerous discounts at restaurants near the hotel. Room was nicely decorated and very clean. After a long day of shopping at local antique malls, we returned to our room to get a good night's sleep. Beds were very comfortable and had extra pillows. The next morning we took advantage of deluxe continental breakfast and it exceeded our expectations. Check-out was smooth as well. The staff at front desk and attendant at breakfast bar were very helpful, very knowledgeable, and friendly. We would definitely stay here again. If you have the time while you are in Springfield, take the time to hike at the Clifton Gorge, which is about 7 miles from Springfield. Again, comfortable, clean room, excellent staff, and great value make this the place to stay in Springfield.

Room Tip: Our first floor room was quiet even though hotel was located near a highway. I wish I would have br...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmherstGirl
South Bend, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'm a woman, and I traveled to Springfield with my daughter for a college visit to Cedarville University. We opted to stay at this hotel on the north side of Springfield because it's on the safer side of the city. Once we were there we knew we made a good decision. We had a room on the second floor, which was comfortable, clean and nice. We were welcomed with a personal note, and a courtesy package of cookies and a bottle of water. Very classy! The beds have memory foam toppers and feather pillows. (I'm allergic to down, so I used my own pillow from home.) I'm not sure if they offer other pillows. Our breakfast options were good, and the women who worked in the kitchenette area were hospitable. They have fruit, juice, hot waffles, oatmeal, cereal, microwavable breakfast burritos and sausage and biscuit meals. The pool looked nice, though we never saw anybody in it!

Room Tip: This is a non-smoking facility. It's pretty quiet, though the north side of the building faces...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Always looking for someplace clean & reasonable to stay on I 70 West of Columbus. This Fairfield was excellent and met all expectations after reading the reviews. Even though it was about 3 miles north of I 70, it was worth the slightly extra travel time. It met all my "must haves": Clean, updated room; Very good bed; White, sheet protected blanket/comforter; nice 32 inch TV; fan on heat/ac unit that could be on continuously and not cycle on and off all night disturbing sleep; good price; little road noise; good breakfast choices. The bathroom is small, but just fine with us. Bonus: Extremely friendly service; nice indoor pool and hot tub. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

After having an awful check in experience at a Hyatt Place in Columbus, we decided to go another hour towards home and stay here. I don't know if I have ever even seen a hotel that didn't have some sort of a covered pull-through area for your vehicle while checking in before, but even though it was raining, this was a minor inconvinience since I just pulled up right to the door regardless. We saw a sign on the doors about carpet steam cleaning being done for the next two days and to be careful when stepping from carpet to tile so we were scared it was going to be either chemically smelling or dirty (depending on the cleaning status of our room). Samantha at check in assured me that the carpets weren't being cleaned due to an issue so much as a general preventative maintenance thing. I got a room on the first floor by the door (as I requested) and even got a nice 20-ish% discount! When we got our bags and entered my sister noted how it smelled "really clean". Not chemically or like most hotels with indoor pools even...just "clean".

It was a little warm in the room so we cracked the window and turned off the room unit. Took the five year old down to the lobby to stretch her legs a little and she loved that she could get a cookie, banana and/or apple (free). I grabbed a USAToday (free) and went back to the room to get ready for bed. The bathroom was spacious enough. Nice ameneties. Normal hotel-type channels on the medium sized flat screen tv. Some of our channels were a little fuzzy but I never called down to ask them about it so I can't really fault them since I never gave them a chance to fix/explain it. Beds were VERY comfortable. We had 2 doubles which each had like 5 pillows on it. Hotel was quiet. If we had "next door neighbors" or kids running down the halls, we never heard them.

Checked out breakfast which exceeded my expectations for the price of this hotel. Fresh Belgium waffles, hot microwavable sandwiches, several brands/flavors of yogurt, bagels, cereals, juice, muffins, fruit cups, *good coffee with flavored creamers available. Kell(e?)y who "manned" the breakfast nook was incredibly friendly and sociable. My five year old loved it. She gave my daughter a little coloring book to keep, a lid and straw for her juice cup and then, to top it off, Kelly went and got us a bag to put my daughter's Fruit Loops in for the road...and came back with a paper bag and a handful of trail mix packs and cookies. Really "above and beyond" in my opinion. We even commented how she was like our mother, sending us off with goodies and snacks for the road!

Check out was with the same Samantha who checked me in (**more on this later**) who made a point to ask if our night got better and how our stay was.
Check out was easy with the typical 'check out at the desk or just leave keys in the room'. We went to the desk to grab a complimentary bottle of water and to make sure we got their names right. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

We were too tired to swim but did check out the pool and hottub and they seemed very clean and had a nice amount of chairs and towels set up. Pool and hottub were decent sized.

Area was nice as there was a Target immediatly across a fairly quiet street plus several restaurants in the area. They offer a 10% discount at the place across the street (name escapes me) and a 20% at TGIFridays.

**MANAGERS**, Samantha, and Kell(e?)y made this trip for us. On one hand, Samantha being there for check in/out made my experience amazing so I am so glad she apparently works round the clock. On the other hand, she said the night before she'd be there till 11 if we needed anything and I think I was back at breakfast by 7 at the latest...hopefully the odd hours are by her choice because as long as she is an employee there, I will begin/continue to use this hotel for my every month to every other month drive to -C-o-l-u-m-b-u-s- Springfield:). The staff can absolutely make or break a hotel stay and the genuine attention we felt from S and K really made an impact on me, my daughter, and my sister.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Pros-
- Breakfast is great (make it yourself waffles, eggs, bagels, muffins, & some frozen Bob Evans biscuits & breakfast burritos that you microwave)
- Fresh fruit & cookies in the evenings
- Indoor pool & hot tub (never used, but looked clean)
- Bed was very comfortable
- New looking down comforters with duvet
- Flat screen tv
- Close to tons of restaurants, Kroger, Meijer, Target, & Walmart
- Not a ton of traffic noise (however, you can hear the occasional train as it passes)

Cons-
- Bathroom is very small
- No luggage rack in room to put suitcases (in my opinion, it should have 2)
- Parking lot is too small (if you get home late, you may have to park in one the restaurants next door

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

I recently stayed here while visiting my sister at Cedarville University. I was unaware of the special Cedarville rate when I made my reservation online but Tiffany at the Front Desk was so kind and informed me of this special deal. She made check in very quick and easy. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was great and stocked well and the breakfast attendant was very attentive and made sure that I had everything I needed. The pool also looked great even though I didn't have the chance to use it. I will always stay at the Fairfield Inn when visiting Sprngfield/ Cedarville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family