“I'll always stay here when I visit Cedarville.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Beverly, Massachusetts
“I'll always stay here when I visit Cedarville.”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I recently stayed here while visiting my sister at Cedarville University. I was unaware of the special Cedarville rate when I made my reservation online but Tiffany at the Front Desk was so kind and informed me of this special deal. She made check in very quick and easy. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was great and stocked well and the breakfast attendant was very attentive and made sure that I had everything I needed. The pool also looked great even though I didn't have the chance to use it. I will always stay at the Fairfield Inn when visiting Sprngfield/ Cedarville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bdeve073

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bangalore
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here for 3 days in August , the hotel itself seems just fair, although the lobby and breakfast area are too small for the amount of people coming and going through. There is a pool and No Gym in the Facility (they do have a tie up with another gym 5 miles away). The room was ok, Bathroom are extremely small, and shower tap not working. At breakfast, it was crowded, and the management failed to refill the buffett.

Room Tip: Ask for an Upgrade
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My family stayed here on a Saturday night in July, the hotel itself seems ok, although the lobby and breakfast area are too small for the amount of people coming and going through. The staff was friendly. Pool and hot-tub had to be drained and cleaned after we saw fecal material. The hot-tub water was green and nasty, and probably overdue for a cleaning. The room was ok, but some pathetic loser affiliated with Wilberforce or Central State was staying there with a bunch of relatives including kids, and let them run around the hallways raising hell until nearly midnight. I had to call the front desk twice, and then had to go confront them to get their kids to shut up! Next day, other guests said they had to do the same thing. That night, the MANAGEMENT FAILED TO TAKE ACTION, and obviously I was not happy. At breakfast, it was crowded, as I stated earlier, which is not the employees fault. What is their fault is the overflowing garbage bins that they FAILED to empty. A few days later, another manager called me up to apologize, which is the only reason I rated them as high as I did. The hotel is not in bad shape, really. However, MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF PROBLEMS. I'd prefer them to do it before I leave. When she called me up, she did offer a free night at the hotel, but I don't usually travel through the area, so it will not be used.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SpringfieldFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced here during your recent stay. We would like you to know that we have addressed the issues with our hotel staff and are confident that these types of issues will not occur again. We apologize that we could not provide the service that you have come to expect from the Marriott name. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests. Your feedback, positive or negative is a vital tool in helping us do so. Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn Springfield for your lodging needs and we hope that this one isolated inconvenience will not deter you from giving us a second chance in the future.
Boise, ID
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff was courteous and efficient. We would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bb313
Green, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Two cars had their windows smashed in on , there is no security cameras or security on premises, I had everything stolen I donot recommend anyone staying here until this is fixed, This is not the first time that these types of incidences occurred. Many personal items taken from meet can never be replace such as hard drive with all my children's pictures and videos from last 20 yrs. Thanks Marriott!!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank joebmod
SpringfieldFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
I apologize you had a negative experience while staying at our hotel! I know we can’t replace the items stolen from your vehicle, but we would like to help and compensate you for your stay. Please contact the hotel with your information. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we want to do anything we can to make everyone’s stay a safe and happy one. We are increasing our security measures and hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Fairfield Inn another try if you find yourself in the Springfield area again.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was a very clean, nice hotel. The pool was great, breakfast was excellent, and the service was outstanding. We stayed there after leaving Kings Island on our way to Cedar Point and would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tcs122499
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We traveled to Springfield for a family reunion and enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield Inn. We enjoyed the free continental breakfast, pool, comfy beds and excellent customer service!
Near by restaurants were great as well-- Tumbleweed was very good!! Across the street from Target.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family