“Good customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield

Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rochester NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Overall, this is an old interior-corridor hotel with modest improvements -- most importantly the bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean, with good room temperature control. Our King room had a desk and table but no easy chair, which my husband like so he doesn't have to read or watch TV from the bed. We turned on the refrigerator but it never got cold enough to store what was in our cooler. There was no electrical socket by the desk but there was one by the bed if I unplugged the reading lamp. The free breakfast was very basic continental-style + waffle-maker. At $93 for the night, I didn't feel it was a great value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SpringfieldRamada, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We here at the Ramada Limited continue to strive to make updates to the hotel as frequent as possible. I do apologize for the inconviences associated with the layout of your room. As for the breakfast i do apologize it did not meet the quality that you expected but we do try to make it a little more than a basic continental breakfast with some of the extras we provide. Once again thank you for your response.
Cromwell, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

The overall condition of this hotel is so poor. Rugs are dirty, it smells of smoke even though it is supposed to be smoke free, and the walls and floors are a wreck. We wouldn't even consider going into the pool or hot tub. The hot tub had piles of awful looking foam in it. Breakfast was included but was a joke. No cream for the coffee, the cereal was stale, and only white bread. No fruit of other items. The room itself was okay, but small and poorly laid out. For the price, $99 a night, it was a huge ripoff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay with us. I apologize that the hotel did not meet your standards. We here at the Ramada Limited strive to provide excellent quality. I do apologize for the smell of smoke but we are not a smoke free hotel as we do offer smoking rooms as well as non smoking. As for the hot tub having piles of foam in it I do apologize for that but the chemicals tend to foam up and we do have a chemical to drop in that will prevent that and I apologize for the staff not staying on top of this issue. The breakfast not being up to your standard I also apologize for. As with any place serving food sometimes things get low and need replenished. Once again thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.
Naperville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I chose this Ramada based on Trip Advisor traveler reviews. I was unpleasantly surprised when I arrived in late evening. The exterior, lobby and hallways need an update. They need to replace or clean whatever is holding in the smell of smoke.
The room itself was better than the common areas. The bathroom could be helped with some new fixtures and wallpaper that isn't peeling. The room appeared to be clean but had an odd assortment of furniture.
I checked out as soon as I could in the morning and went to Bob Evans for a long breakfast so, I can't comment on they one they provided for free.
The staff were friendly and accurately answered my questions.
On this trip, I also stayed at a Fairfield Inn and an Embassy Suites in other towns for almost the same price. In my opinion, they are a much better choice until the owners commit to some renovations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada