“Hit or Miss”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've stayed at this property many times over the years and it really is hit or miss. The rooms are nice, clean, comfy and good decor. The location is good. It is next to the train tracks, but it really isn't that noisy and they leave ear plugs in your room if needed. I have never had a problem sleeping here. The staff is always friendly. I have had a couple issues that weren't resolved by management. I have had the housekeepers walk into my room without knocking twice and forget to make up my room twice. Upon notification of these issues, the Management has never offered anything to make it right other than an apology. Makes it seem like it a common issue. I will continue to stay but hope they get the management & housekeeping issues under control.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks if you feel it will interupt your sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
WalterS,
Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your patronage over the years and kind comments about our friendly staff, great location, as well as our clean and comfortable accommodations. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for any unresolved issues that you previously encountered. I can assure you this has been addressed with our housekeeping staff to heighten the awareness of such issues and improve our guest experience. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for writing.

Becky Krieger, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Was traveling with family and reserved a executive room with access to balcony and living area etc, however, they changed it upon arrival and gave a regular room. I am positive about it as they took time to change it for no reason, and when I ask what is the problem, they didn't have a valid reason.
When asked about later why I didn't get the room I reserved, they lied to me saying there is non available, however when try to reserve from the site, it shows available.
The room is okay, however, not happy with their service.

Room Tip: make sure if you reserve a room you get the same type.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
RD3003,
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that we were unable accommodate your initial request and provide you with the exceptional service you've come to expect from us. Details like this definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. Your feedback provides us with opportunities to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

usa
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. The staff is awesome. Room was large and very clean. Restaurant and bar very good. We had great experiences in the restaurant and the bar. Love the bread selection. service could not have been any better. Excellent value. 5 star service at a reasonable price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
CaymangirlUsa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Courtyard Springfield. We appreciate your kind comments about our restaurant and bar, as well as our wonderful staff’s excellence in service. We’re happy you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Got in late after a several hour drive. Front desk staff was over-the-top friendly (almost creepy). This Courtyard offers room service which is not always the case at a Courtyard. Room service was fast, hot and good with adult beverages :) Room was neat and clean with everything you would expect from a full service hotel, but in a Courtyard. The next morning, I had breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent and staff was very accommodating. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Get room service, not much around there at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Kaptain4,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Springfield. I’m pleased to know our friendly staff was accommodating to your requests during your stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the wonderful amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked this hotel then read a few reviews about the train tracks. Those reviews made me a little nervous about my choice. I noted that the trains are prohibited from sounding their horns and there are signs warning cars of that fact. That was a little bit of relief that I wouldn't hear horns and might get sleep. I did hear a train about 10:00 PM when I was first going to bed, but from then on I didn't have a problem, and usually anything wakes me up (btw, I didn't use the ear plugs the hotel provides).

The room was pretty nice; however, the price is a little more than what I would normally pay for a level of hotel of this caliber. While the room was pretty clean and smelled fine, I did note there was some water damage above the window (pretty well hidden from view by the curtains, but I still look everywhere in a room to see what I'm staying in). This water damage still had some signs of light mildew or mold on it. Management should do a more thorough review of things like this in ALL of their rooms and correct it ASAP.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
drivesguru,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard while visiting the Springfield area. I'm glad to know that you had a nice, comfortable visit with us. I appreciate your feedback about the water damage, and I'll make sure to review your comments with our maintenance staff so we can correct this issue straight away. We value you as our guest, and we hope to have you stay with us again. Thanks again for writing.
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It seems this hotel is trying to be upscale but is far from it. I feel it is overpriced for the level of quality we received. There weren't even fridges/microwaves in the room and the walls were paper thin. I could hear someone coughing in their room, and I could hear my neighbor's conversation on the phone. Now I know why they give out earplugs in the room!

It seemed odd that they would call the restaurant a bistro. The breakfast was exactly the same as what I would get for free at other places (boxes of cereal, make your own waffles, etc.). It certainly wasn't worth $9 each for a family of four!

Another odd thing about this building is you can't take stairs to get to the lobby/parking. You have to take the elevator all the time and there was always a wait.

A small thing I will add is the towels were so abrasive that my daughter got a friction burn on the back of her neck from drying herself off.

What a shame this place is so disappointing. The rooms were very clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful. They were polite and always greeted us warmly when we passed in the halls. I felt sorry for them in a way because it sort of felt as if they were the crew on a sinking ship...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
nkpernia,
Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit with us at Courtyard. I apologize that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. I'm glad that you found our staff friendly and help, and we appreciate your business. We will use your feedback constructively and make improvements. We hope you'll visit us again as we expect to show you our improvements and provide a more positive experience.
Halifax, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here. I had no problems. The pool and hot tub are nice. The parking is free. The rooms are clean. My only complaint is that the beds are doubles and not queens (at least in the room I got) and when you are used to co sleeping in a queen, a double bed is very small! The lounge area was nice to sit and chat with friends from the area. The fireplace there was an added bonus! There are no restaurants with in walking distance, but the Bechtle ave area is only 10 minutes away. The train came through at 1am and 4am, but didn't wake me up (i was up with an infant!) and went through very quickly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
joyd44,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard and had a good experience. Our staff works hard to make our property feel like home, so I'm pleased to hear that you were able to utilize the lounge and fireplace. It is a great area to meet with friends, and we hope you enjoyed your time with them. If you do happen to stay with us again and you're looking for food, Mela Urban Bistro is onsite and serves a variety of options in both the restaurant and lounge areas. We value your business and hope to see you again soon.