Courtyard Springfield Downtown
$72
$89
Hampton.com
$104
USA Inn and Suites(Springfield)
$55
$69
QualityInn
Motel 6 Springfield(Springfield)
$56
$85
$66
All reviewstrain trackslight sleeperbalcony roomfriendly and welcoming stafflate noticeamazing hotelfull buffeteasy parkingfull service barrooms are cleannight's sleepelectrical outletspool and hot tubthe noise levelbusiness triplounge areamini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It seems this hotel is trying to be upscale but is far from it. I feel it is overpriced for the level of quality we received. There weren't even fridges/microwaves in the room and the walls were paper thin. I could hear someone coughing in their room, and I could hear my neighbor's conversation on the phone. Now I know why they give out earplugs in the room!

It seemed odd that they would call the restaurant a bistro. The breakfast was exactly the same as what I would get for free at other places (boxes of cereal, make your own waffles, etc.). It certainly wasn't worth $9 each for a family of four!

Another odd thing about this building is you can't take stairs to get to the lobby/parking. You have to take the elevator all the time and there was always a wait.

A small thing I will add is the towels were so abrasive that my daughter got a friction burn on the back of her neck from drying herself off.

What a shame this place is so disappointing. The rooms were very clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful. They were polite and always greeted us warmly when we passed in the halls. I felt sorry for them in a way because it sort of felt as if they were the crew on a sinking ship...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

nkpernia,
Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit with us at Courtyard. I apologize that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. I'm glad that you found our staff friendly and help, and we appreciate your business. We will use your feedback constructively and make improvements. We hope you'll visit us again as we expect to show you our improvements and provide a more positive experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here. I had no problems. The pool and hot tub are nice. The parking is free. The rooms are clean. My only complaint is that the beds are doubles and not queens (at least in the room I got) and when you are used to co sleeping in a queen, a double bed is very small! The lounge area was nice to sit and chat with friends from the area. The fireplace there was an added bonus! There are no restaurants with in walking distance, but the Bechtle ave area is only 10 minutes away. The train came through at 1am and 4am, but didn't wake me up (i was up with an infant!) and went through very quickly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

joyd44,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard and had a good experience. Our staff works hard to make our property feel like home, so I'm pleased to hear that you were able to utilize the lounge and fireplace. It is a great area to meet with friends, and we hope you enjoyed your time with them. If you do happen to stay with us again and you're looking for food, Mela Urban Bistro is onsite and serves a variety of options in both the restaurant and lounge areas. We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had our team in Springfield to play at Wittenberg. Hotel and rooms were very nice and the staff is outstanding...were able to get us an early check-in and overall wanted to make our experience a good one. Only downside was that the hottub in the pool area happened to be closed for repairs while we were there. I would definitely reccomend as your hotel of choice if staying in Springfield.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Jon M,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. We appreciate you and your team staying with us, and we’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. We strive to provide the best service and product in Springfield. Please accept my apology for the hot tub being out for repairs while you were with us. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming your team in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My family and I stayed one night at this hotel while visiting Cedarville University. The hotel is conveniently located in Springfield with ample free parking. We were greeted with a smile at check in. During our stay there were minor issues with the jacuzzi tub and hair dryer, but both were handled promptly by the staff. The only complaint was the noise coming from other rooms and people in the hall in the middle of the night. Thankfully the hotel provided complimentary ear plugs, which my wife found useful. We were a little confused with breakfast as we thought breakfast was complimentary, but after dining found this to be false. Overall the stay was ok and I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Shawn P,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and your family staying with us while visiting Cedarville University. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found our staff friendly and helpful. I apologize for the noisy guests, and I will mention this to our desk staff so they can manage this better. We're glad you were our guests, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks and safe travels.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Well, a business trip took me to Springfield, OH and I selected the Courtyard as my base for two weeks.

Downsides are:

1.) Service attitude (except for the bar staff): As mentioned, I stayed in the hotel on a two week business trip which meant 12 nights in the hotel. Out of these 12 nights, I had problems getting into my room 8 times. On these 8 occasions, my room key simply wouldn't work and I had to go downstairs to reception to get a new card. After complaining about this and asking for a solution, I was told that it must be the cellphones I am carrying with me and maintenance department had checked the doorlock so there's nothing they could do. Excuse me, but I am spending around 180 nights per year in hotels all around the world and never had any problems like this before! This indifference can drive you crazy as hotel staff's strategy is to blame others for easy things that they obviously cannot handle themselves.

2.) I had a corner room on the 5th floor (room no. 524) that unfortunately was facing the direction of the railroad track. Be prepared that the noise is so extreme that you might think that the freight train that is going past the hotel might be hitting the buidling or going through the middle of the room. They put earplugs in the room to prevent you from sitting in bed straight at night when a train passes, but that is not really acceptable. So, if you check in, make sure you get a room away from the railroad tracks.

3.) The hotel is in downtown Springfield, but to me seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, because there are no restaurant or shopping options around. If you go by car no problem, but there is nothing in wlaking distance anywhere close to the hotel.

Nevertheless, rooms have decent size, are clean and there are plenty of TC channels to choose from. Also, the rooms have an empty fridge (former mini bar?) so you can put your own drinks and food. This, however, is something that I take for granted in a hotel so this is nothing worth mentioning when it comes to the positive things about a hotel. Before I forget: Paking is free, however, in the U.S. that is nothing special, either if you are not staying in one of the major cities.

All in all - and the headline basically says it all - you get value for money, but that's about everything that could be said about the hotel on the positive side.

A solid hotel, but don't expect anything fancy, because you won't get it.

Would I return? After the key problem probably not. I'd rather opt for the Fairfield Inn which is much closer to a Target and numerous dining options.

Room Tip: Room away from railway track side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank olliwi
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear olliwi:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Springfield Downtown. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you expected from us.

Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.