“Read the show review; Expect cafeteria fare.”

La Comedia Dinner Theatre
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Read the show review; Expect cafeteria fare.

We drive to La Comedia 1-2 times per year. We know we are not going to Broadway, London, the Schuster, or the Aronoff Center. We know La Comedia is not fine dining. Honestly, La Comedia is a stress free afternoon or evening diversion. And, honesty, the Entertainment coupon (two for one is the draw.)

It is interesting to enjoy young local actors share their talents, and we are supporting the local economy. Do not expect gourmet dining, and simply use one plate to choose portions from the buffet that you like. Just because “you paid for it, does not mean eat it all.”

Pass on the sweet potatoes (too much sugar); select a few veggies and a cut of the meat.
Skip the bread. No one really needs the ice cream desserts offered at breaks. Understand that the servers are well-intentioned young folks trying to make ends meet, and leave a generous tip.

The experience is hassle free parking, a sincere welcome, several tour bus groups, couples, and families seeking a pleasant meal and wholesome entertainment. There is simply nothing about this experience that will raise blood pressure, and there is precious little to lose. So go and enjoy. La Comedia is a quintessential is mid-west experience.

5  Thank SavantIII_11
in 6 reviews
"the wait staff"
"cod"
in 7 reviews
"the sweet potato souffle"
in 7 reviews
"ham"
in 6 reviews
"sister act"

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Took wife and family to see Hairspray for Mother's Day.

A fine dining experience, buffet was good, show was excellent. Well worth the admission price.

1  Thank Zungul
Reviewed April 12, 2011

After we were seated at our table, our server "forgot" to tell us it was our turn to go to the buffet. As they were picking up the buffet, we had to hurry down there to get some scraps of what was left. I sent an email to the management the next day to tell them of our negative experience, and I did not receive any response from them at all.

6  Thank JG535
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I have seen several shows here. Just like other people on here, I have gave this theater several different chances to improve. The show was like watching community theater. The buffet is horrible. They make you hurry through it, most of the time I felt like a group of cattle being pushed here and there by the management. The prices are ridiculous!! It is 54 dollars per adult!! That is more than most Broadway shows! Plus, drinks are NOT included. After spending a night out here.. It would have been cheaper to fly to NY, eat, and then see a Broadway show! On a side note.. Be prepared to eat at the same table with other people. Because unlike Pigeon forge dinner shows or anywhere else for that matter. They don't care about your comfort. I had a party of three, and I asked to sit in a 4 person table and the girl on the phone was rude enough to tell me to check the seating on chart online before calling next time. They do not sit 3 people to a 4 person table. LOL I don't even know what to say about these people. They are awful, don't go!

5  Thank fresman90210