“Just Okay”

Cuisines: Mexican
Springboro, Ohio
“Just Okay”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Slow service, food is fair, they will make no substitutions whatsoever. Margaritas are from a mix and taste like it.

• Visited March 2013

Springboro
“Wouldn't recommend”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've been to Sammy's three times. The first time I had one of their hamburgers, which was average. The second time I had one of their Mexican dishes, which was below average. The third time I had another below average dish.

Visited April 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Ugh”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been to Sammy's twice. First time was okay, second time a big disappointment. I felt like our server wanted to be somewhere else and the food left a lot to be desired. When I asked for a beer off their beer list I was told they don't carry it anymore "It's an old list". When I asked what she would recommend the response was "I don't drink beer". Okay, thanks. The burger I got looked like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while. I'll avoid Sammy's in the future.

• Visited September 2012
Dayton
“Not sure why”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been there before and like the food/happy hour prices. However, service sitting at the bar is usually less than desired since one of their regular bartenders left. My previous visit on a Sunday two weeks ago was pretty much the same. The lunch bartender who was new did a good job of taking care of me. However, she was leaving since she said she was working a double so I cashed out with her. Her replacement looked like she had pretty much found the wrinkliest shirt she could find to wear to work. Based on that I decided it was time to go elsewhere. Yesterday, I came in and went to the bar. There were at least three or four tables of customers and one lady sitting at the bar. I asked if she had been waiting long and she said she had been there about five minutes to pick up a carry out order. I settled in and waited 5 minutes before one of the staff stopped by to tell us they had cut their bartender early and it would be another few minutes before they could get to us. Two or three minutes later a server stopped by. By then a couple had come in and sat down at the other end of the bar. Needless to say I was far from happy about the seven to eight minute wait. I told the server they had lost a customer and left.

• Visited September 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Tough choice, Burgers or Mexican”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

This place has an interesting food concept. Gourmet burgers and Mexican under one roof. Both a tasty choices. I recommend the Sammy's Burger or the El Zecatecano Mexican dish.