“Sign said "Newly Remodeled" ....no way !”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Springboro
Cleveland, Ohio
“Sign said "Newly Remodeled" ....no way !”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a very shabby hotel, i just stayed last night. The lobby and hallways were stained, smelled of a very strong soapy cleaner. The room was OK, but the water was luke warm, the carpet was also stained. They had the audacity to charge $80 plus tax . Dont even try to go the the scummy pool with flaky paint or the supposed "fitness center" which consisted of a very old treadmill, a broken stationairy bike that was probably garbage picked from a lawn and universal machine that is dangerous.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to get a good room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Gary P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently,
it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed July 25, 2012

this is the absolute worst stay ever!!!! we were ate up by bed bugs the morning we woke up and the manager who lives there!!!, insisted that we brought the bed bugs with us!!! would not return our money. The housekeeper was very rude as well. I said hello to her and she stuck her nose up in the air like she was too good to talk to me!!! The only pleasant thing was the breakfast. Jamie was very nice and made sure we had a great morning. But I will not be returning because of the bed bugs!!!! and the manager Sally.....could be a nice hotel if the rude people and bed bugs were gone.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank butterfly219
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The hotel manager did not honor the arrangement I had made with him weeks ago regarding my reservation. Totally unprofessional, unpleasant, and downright RUDE. I will never ever give them business and I stronly suggest you don't either.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Came to the hotel with the Bride on her wedding day and had been previously gaurunteed that our room would be ready for early check in, so we could get ready for her wedding, and when we arrived the man at the front desk said he was sorry but he couldn't check us in early. We then proceeded to ask if there was anything available other than her suite so we could at least get ready and we were rudely told that nothing was available and that no one checked out early...I then asked if there was at least a shower by the pool or anything where we could do our make up...the man then proceeded to slam his hand down on the front desk and yell that nothing was there. He didn't even try to look! Needless to say I had one frantic bride to calm down and one unsympathetic front desk rep. ( who said he was the owner when I asked for a manager.)We had to cancel the reservation and it RUINED THE ONLY HONEYMOON THE COUPLE COULD TAKE THAT NIGHT! This place is a joke and if this is how owners of a comfort inn act I will never send any clients or stay at another one again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrea F
ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The rooms in this Hotel were nicer than the rooms at the Hampton In across the street where part of our soccerteam was staying. Clean and well maintained. The Staff was nice and friendly. Exspcialy Jamie. When you needed something all you had to do is ask her and it got done. Great Job. If we are going to be back in this area i will deffinatley stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I noticed a couple of negative reviews posted but I found this facility to be comparable to all other Comfort Inns I stay at. Location is good as just off I75 but set back from the road so quiet and secluded. Reception friendly. Room was comfortable and clean. Beakfast area spacious and selection was good. Nice indoor pool. A couple of restaurants (Applebees and Bob Evans) within walking distance. And (for Canadians) a 'Tim's' just across the road! Perfectly OK!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pickerington, Ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I had cancelled this hotel months in advance I had two rooms two nights, they charged me for one room two nights, I gave the owner proof that I had cancelled and he REFUSED to give me my money back. Terrible Terrible OWNER!!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank shannon s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springboro
Hampton Inn Suites Springboro
Holiday Inn Express Franklin
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Red Roof Inn & Suites Middletown/Franklin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Comfort Inn Monroe
Comfort Inn Monroe
#2 of 4 in Monroe

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!