“Very clean and nice.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in South Point
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our family stayed here on vacation. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was very comfortable and clean. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our stay started off with the night clerk, Melissa Perky, offering to help carry our luggage since there were no luggage carts available. She was friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable. The indoor pool was clean, but the pool room was uncomfortably hot if you weren't in the water. The breakfast attendant was efficient and pleasant. Breakfast was the standard Comfort Inn breakfast. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed for 4 days and worked during the night. Quiet during the day for sleeping. Excellent house keeping. Worked at Hanging Rock, but it was worth the extra drive to stay here.

Room Tip: No road noise staying in rm 207
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very nice place to stay, Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel. Also, go to Giovannis Pizza if staying at the hotel. Wonderful pizza and nice people too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

First, I have to admit, I have never written a hotel review. Second, I am a hotel snob. I travel frequently for my job and will only stay at Marriotts or Embassy Suites. I don't need bells and whistles, I just want consisently clean floors and furniture, comfy beds, and a nice bathroom. Point is, when I have to be away from home, I want to be comfortable and not have to worry about where I am sleeping. Plus, I had my 80 year old mother with me and wanted her to be comfortable. This hotel surpassed our highest expectations. We traveled to town for a funeral and first checked out all the Huntington hotels. The new Fairfield Suites was the only property I would consider but it costs $160 + tax. Then I checked out this property. It was new, half the price, had a free hot breakfast, indoor pool, and gym. They had me at new and half price, so I booked it. The outside is plain and could use work but once you're inside you're immediately happy. The property is warm, VERY clean, breakfast is hot and good, and the rooms are spacious and incredibly nice. The best part of all was the bed which had to be the most comfortable I have ever slept in. My Mom especially liked the modern Delta bathroom fixtures and HUGE shower head.

As always, there was room for improvement - to say having a couch on on one side of the room makes this is a suite is more than a stretch. They could easily have added a wall and door to the sitting area, added a second TV and THAT would make it a suite. But, it would also raise the room rate.

That one minor comment aside - it is a 5-star experience (for this area) at a 2-star price. Stay here and you will be VERY happy you did.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ehicksjr2012
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The suites were spacious and very warm. They were clean and comfortable. The pillows at this hotel were above average. Most pillows disappear when you lay on them but these actually had some heft to them. They offer hot breakfast in the morning but we didn't try it. The front desk attendant was effecient and civil. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2012

After reading several negative reviews here I had some trepidations about staying in this property, but it is in the location that we needed for the weekend. Glad to report those reviews were incorrect. The hotel is fairly new - I would say not more than 4 years old. Our rooms were very comfortable, clean and up to date. Free WyFY is in every room. There is a business center (which we did not use but did see), an indoor pool (which appeared to be very well kept - but we did not use but did see others enjoying), a mini-gym which I did use. It is small but adequate. The breakfast is declicious and included a variety if items from cereal, waffles, sausage gravy with biscuits, fruit and delicious scrambled eggs. I mention the eggs especially because many hotel eggs are hard but these were light and fluffy. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor on the back side of the hotel and enjoyed the natural view and not facing...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
#10 of 12 in Huntington
Ramada Limited Huntington
Ramada Limited Huntington
#4 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!