“CHARMING CABIN”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Tranquil Retreat Cabins
Reviewed May 3, 2013

What a great stay we had a Tranquil retreat. We have been there three times now. Sharon is wonderful and really makes here guest feel comfortable. We stayed at the cabin by the cave for the second time and it may be the smallest but the view and deck make up for it. We had a wonderful two day's and did not want to leave. The hot tub is so clean and cozy perfect for two. this is the only place we will go on Hocking. Just an FYI no phone service we love that but some may get scared. LOL Thank you again Sharon...................................

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Tranquil Retreat is one of the most refreshing retreats I have ever been to..You come into a warm lite cabin,You feel welcome from the time you walk in the door and you just will hate to leave! I have been in a few places before Tranquil retreat and, I would pick Sharon's cabins hands down!! The owner, what can I say..She is wonderful Lady!! I have so much respect for her..
She makes id wonder for her guest..Had a great time in the Cottage, beautiful..

Room Tip: Pick The Tranquil Retreats, they are all prefect...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joetta W
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I reserved the A-frame cabin In January for a family getaway and was very pleased as was everyone who stayed. Everything we needed was already there. Very peaceful setting,close to area attractions,comfortable beds and friendly hasslefree service! We're planning another trip this spring!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I honeymooned with Tranquil Retreat Cabins, staying at the White Oak Cabin. Our time there, albeit brief, was truly magical. One bedroom assures no guests on our trip back here. Everything was there that we needed. Sharon helped me with arranging for flowers to be there upon our arrival for my wife, which she found to be a great surprise! It was very cozy for just the two of us, the gas fireplace was on, taking the chill out of ther air. The hot tub was very relaxing after having had Christmas three days prior and a wedding the day before. Lots of stress relief! Romantic is an understatment, sitting in the hot tub watching it snow. We awoke Saturday morning to 5 inches of snow, untouched by anyone. Sunday came too quickly, but we most certainly will return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriends for a weekend during the summer and had a fun, relaxing experience at Tranquil Retreat Cabins. We stayed in the log cabin, and had plenty of space for four people, including two queen sized beds and bedrooms. Very cute decor thoughout the cabin. We were in close distance to Ash Cave, a popular tourist destination in Hocking Hills. Very peaceful and quiet. Hot tub in the backyard was a great perk, as well as a full kitchen. Loved it so much, I even got my parents a getaway weekend here for Christmas! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erin H
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I reserved the cottage by the cave. Arrived at dusk. Very clear directions to the office for check in as well as to the cottage. Very, very lovely cottage. Neat, clean, lights on awaiting my arrival. The one downside was no cell phone reception and no phone in the cottage. Ultimately this prevented me from spending the night since I was traveling alone and needed to be able to communicate with my family. Fortunately Sharon, the owner was very gracious and kind and credited back my card. She also did inform me that there is a cabin available with wi-fi. Good to know for future bookings or anyone cell phone dependent like me. :) Thank you for a lovely glimpse and hopefully future stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Beware of the property owner. I contacted the owner "Sharon" renting a cabin. She called me back and told me that there was a cancellation and that my family could have the cabin for Labor Day weekend since I was the first to call after the cancellation. She took down my name and credit card number. She mentioned that she would email me with the confirmation information. A week went by and I received no confirmation. I began trying to contact her four days prior to our stay via email and phone. No response. In fact, I couldn't even leave a voicemail. I am outraged that someone would take my credit card info and never hold the cabin for me or send a confirmation. We cleared our schedules and were very much looking forward to the trip. I will contact the BBB and file a complaint. Please don't give these people your money. The other reviews have been fine, but this obviously says something about their ethics and morals. If there was some kind of phone or email related issues on their end, that's fine, but it would have been nice to hear something.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
daceealeese, Owner at Tranquil Retreat Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

In response to your review; first I'm very sorry for the confusion.
Sometimes when a reservation is taken over the phone; someone has already booked an on-line reservation that has been accepted.
Then when the person you spoke with enters the date etc. to block it out finds that there is no vacancy.

I am very sorry this happened to you.

We would never take your credit information and do anything with that unless that reservation was valid and intact.

We would welcome you to give our privately owned and very small business a chance.

As an apology to you for a future stay; just state your name and experience in the comments section and we will adjust your bill for your inconvenience previously.

Thanks, The owners of Tranquil Retreat Cabins

#1 of 3 in New Plymouth
Hocking Hills Inn
Hocking Hills Inn
#24 of 29 in Logan

Been to Tranquil Retreat Cabins? Share your experiences!