“Homestead cabin #20”
Review of Getaway Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Getaway Cabins
Reviewed March 8, 2014

What a neat cabin. The fireplace and the music system was so relaxing. Perfect for two people. Nice people at check in and a very clean cabin and hot tub. The steps to the loft were alittle steep but everything else was perfect.

Room Tip: Perfect private location with lots of trees
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gabe311

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was our second stay at Getaway Cabins in the Butterfly Bungalow. It was even better than a year ago due to some improvements in the furnishings. This is the perfect mix of hotel amenities with a cabin experience. The few reminders that we were "roughing" it--a little bit of slow running water and slippery path to the door-- were minor inconveniences. Will definitely be back as often as possible. And like I said, no matter how appealing some of the ads for nearby properties are, I see no reason to try any other spot. Thanks for a fantastic getaway!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rbnrob6
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Being unable to navigate the hills after a snowstorm, the owner and his wife came to rescue us on Valentine's Day evening, hauling us and all our stuff to our rented cabin, and then back to our car in the office parking lot at the end of our visit. The cabin was lovely and immaculate. We have already booked our return and an additional visit. The visit was exceptional in all ways!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We hit the cabin lottery! We picked this cabin, Lane's End, for our annual "girls weekend" trip. We arrived during a snow storm and got stuck in the office parking lot while picking up our keys. Kevin (our hero), the owner, actually came out, on Valentine's Day mind you, with his lovely wife in her beautiful heart pj's at 11:00 at night and picked us up, and delivered us right to our cabin door! As we were actually thinking we may have to be towed to the nearest hotel and forfeit our weekend, Kevin took us to our cabin, then picked us up Monday morning and even got our car out of the parking lot and back on the main road. Kevin, his wife, Bill, Lisa in the office, and everyone at Getaway Cabins, are hands down the nicest people I've had the pleasure doing business with. We've already booked again for next year! Oh, and the cabin - Couldn't have been "stuck" in a better place! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Kevin!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KD1218
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We chose the Getaway for our annual girl's weekend. We arrived during a snow storm late Friday night. Rather then leave us to wait for a tow truck, the owners picked us up and delivered us right to our cabins at midnight! The cabin was gorgeous and the staff excellent! We already booked again for next year's trip?

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Terrifish101
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I took our 3 dogs to stay at the Whispering Woods #25 starting on Ground Hog's Day 2014 (Super Bowl Sunday) and stayed for 3 nights. We hoped that the day would keep repeating itself like in the movie Ground Hog Day so we could stay here forever. The cabin was very clean and nicely decorated. We felt at home immediately! Even the pups were excited to be there! The open floor plan of this cabin was awesome and we really enjoyed the pool table and foozeball table in the basement. And of course.. the hot tub was fantastic!! Really enjoyed sitting in it all the snow fell around us. There were other cabins in the general vicinity but we felt secluded anyways.. very peaceful. We saw deer ever single day!! They didn't seem frightened of us at all and didn't run away even when we were outside. Everything about this stay was wonderful and memorable and we couldn't have picked a better cabin. You have to visit this region in the winter. So beautiful! THANKS!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My family and I visited this cabin in January 2014, and we stayed in Cabin # 29, Lane's End. We have stayed in numerous cabins in Hocking Hills, and I would not go back to Getaway Cabins.

While the cabin is in a remote location, and the interior was well done, the following were very bothersome:

- My biggest disappointment was lack of customer service. I spoke to a Getaway staff member on the phone, and also left a note on the comment card to please follow up with me about some issues we had and no one did. It was not until I wrote an email a week later that anyone got back to me, and that was just to accuse of of being rude and having more people in the cabin than we should have (which we didn't). I have never been treated so poorly by a cabin's staff.

- The cabin was not cleaned well at all when we arrived. The floor was dirty and I had to sweep it, the kitchen table had crumbs on it, and many of the dishes were dirty and we had to wash them before using them. The saucer that holds the spoon you cook with had egg or butter crusted on it, and there were coffee grounds in the coffee maker.
-They only left 1 hand towel & dish towel for the kitchen (not ideal, but also not a big deal), so I called and asked them to bring us more the next day. No one did, so I had to call back and remind them
-They did not have a brillow pad, which we needed to clean out their pans
-The only peeler they had was broken
-They did not have enough trash bags in the house, we ran out
-The fireplace was not working properly (and there was no note about that), so we had to call them after-hours to figure out how to turn it off and then back on
-The cabin needs a humidifier--if you go in the winter, you will want to bring one. My husband is sensitive to dryness, and he got nosebleeds
-There is not a dresser in one of the bedrooms, so it is hard to put your clothes away

That is all. Overall, cleanliness and lack of respect from the staff was my largest complaint.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Hometown Inn
Hometown Inn
#7 of 10 in Athens
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster

Been to Getaway Cabins? Share your experiences!