“Anniversary getaway trip”
Review of Getaway Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Getaway Cabins
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Anniversary getaway trip”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

These cabins are awesome- nestled into the woods off the beaten path they have everything - from a hot tub on your private balcony, to full kitchen, gas fireplace and grill. Most of all you get a sense of PEACE - peace and quiet and the ability to really relax. The cabins are inside the actual state park, which means waterfalls, giant boulders and cliff domes all within a short drive. This is not a tourist local- there are not a ton of food options and no gas stations close by... do plan ahead to bring some eats along and fill up before getting off the highway. :)

Room Tip: Fox Run is a couples cabin in the woods - dogs are allowed.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at Getaway Cabin's Eagle's Nest. It was perfect. The cabin was clean and spacious with everything we could need for the trip. Having a fully stocked kitchen helped us save money on our getaway by packing and cooking all of our meals. Everything I needed was there, including a gas grill on the patio. We also had the fire pit outside to roast marshmallows for dessert. I found the rate reasonable for such a beautiful and spacious cabin. We were very close to all the Hocking Hills attractions which made it especially convenient when we got to Ash Cave and I realized I had forgotten the diaper bag!! My husband was able to zip back to the cabin without much delay in our day of hiking with the kids. I can't wait to return to this or any of their other cabins.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Monica D
Medway, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I rented the Ladybug, a small cabin, but we have no complaints. The music playing as we entered the cabin was a nice touch. There were plenty of wildlife to watch from the deck, and the cabin was situation so that you could not see any other buildings. It is in an absolutely beautiful setting. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This was our 1st trip to Hocking Hills and we have decided that we will stay at Getaway Cabins again. You won't be sorry if you stay here!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My friend and I live several hundred miles apart from each other but still try to get together for a girls weekend every summer. This year we chose to make the trip to Hocking Hills. With so many accomodation companies out there for this area, it made for lots of comparison shopping. We had never been to the area so we didn't have any idea of locations, etc. When we looked at the Getaway Cabins website, we were impressed. Aside from the website not having an updated locator map, it was everything that we needed to know about the cabins right there in front of us. We chose to stay in Cabin #27 which is at a location called Pumpkin Ridge. There are actually two cabins at that particular area, but they are spread out enough that you don't even know that the other is even there. Check-in was a breeze. The office is really nice and is stocked full of snacks, free movies to rent, area information as well as a gift shop. The staff was super friendly and was very informative with how to get to our location. Unfortunately, there had been some severe storms that came through the area earlier that afternoon and when I arrived at the cabin's location, there was a tree that came down directly across the driveway. The guests staying in the other cabin had arrived just before me and informed me that they had already notified the office. Within a few hours, the tree had been removed and the driveway was clear! We loved the cabin, it had all the amenities of home but still felt like we were camping in the woods. We used the grill and spent lots of time relaxing in the hot tub. I liked it so much I want to bring my own family back for a vacation here. I know they would love it, too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Green Springs, Oh
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I chose Getaway Cabins because of the great reviews we saw on Tripadvisor and it was a great choice. The Ladybug6 is their smallest cabin but was just right for us and is very peaceful and secluded!! We enjoyed sitting in the hot tub. We loved the feeding station where we watched racoons, squirrels, 3 turkeys, an 8 pt. buck(with the velvet still on his rack)and many different birds. We even enjoyed the A/C while we watched TV in the evenings. There are only little complaints we have such as the condition of some of the things in the cabin. The microwave had a shattered door and rust inside, the bathroom door wouldn't shut and the hot tub cover was in bad condition. It is time to update a few things but these few things did NOT affect the comfort of our stay. It was still great! The employees were awesome and couldn't have been better. You won't be sorry if you choose to stay here. We will be back!

1 Thank KathyGreenSprings_Oh
New Boston, Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Don't bother looking anywhere else. Getaway cabins are perfect. The owners have thought of everything for you. Private, fully loaded, picture perfect, and spotless. Hocking Hills is the perfect getaway and theses cabins are the perfect logging.

Room Tip: Don't loose the map they provide you. It shows all of the park locations with written directio...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sindi F
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I were wanting a quiet getaway weekend in the woods. We arrived at the cabin and am happy to say it was a very clean beautiful cozy cabin. However, the company decided to have an employees "Graduation Party" behind our cabin. So there were people parking right outside our cabin as well as walking right up to our cabin and we were very unhappy!! If the cabin would have been in a nicer location it might be a different story but it ruined our peaceful trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Circleville

Been to Getaway Cabins? Share your experiences!