“Horrible!”
Review of Getaway Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Getaway Cabins
Mogadore, Ohio
“Horrible!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had reservations for July 20 and July 21, 2012. We are getting married on July 21st at Upper Falls. I had cleared my mom and immediate family coming to our cabin on Saturday for a couple of hours to help me get ready for my WEDDING!! I was told that was fine and to let them know how many people and number of cars. I called to tell them yesterday (July 16) the count and number of vehicles. I was told that was okay. About 10 minutes later I received a voicemail telling me that this was not okay and that I could only have 2 people there. I have more than 2 members of my immediate family...mom, sisterS, grandmother! We cancelled our reservation and luckily found a cabin that is even better!! I was told different things by 3 people at Getaway Cabins. HORRIBLE customer service. I have told everyone that I know about my experience. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: My tip is to choose another location! DO NOT use getaway cabins.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank megan h
TheNiff, Owner at Getaway Cabins, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I am happy that you were able to find another facility with policies that more closely met your needs for your special day.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have been there twice for a weekend, it's really nice cabin. We were in the cabin #24. There were two bedrooms with one big bed in each of room. main room is connected with kitchen. Electric fireplace, hot tube, satellite tv, no AT&T coverage :-), pet/kids freidly.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank radimsenk
Navarre, Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I were married the day before we arrived at Getaway Cabins(5/20/12). We stayed at the Shawnee. It was the most amazing time of our lives. It made for a perfect honeymoon. Everything from the hot tub to the bed of roses that was waiting for me. Thank you for memories that will last a lifetime.

Carmelita and Chad Wendling
Navarre, Ohio

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carmelita_wendling
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My fiance and I stayed in the Sunflower Chateau for a weekend in early June. The Sunflower is not huge, but is very cozy and the perferct size for a couple. We found that it had all the amenities we could possibly ask for (towels, dishes, cooking utensils, etc), and was immaculately clean (not just clean for a cabin). The deck, grill and hot tub were amazing, and we spent almost all of our time out there. We saw many deer, racoon and even made friends with a cat and her new family of kittens.

Everything about this cabin was relaxing and peaceful. It is the closest cabin to the office, just a 200 yard or so walk. However, it is definitely far enough away that you still feel as though you are alone in the woods. The back deck looks out into a beatifully secluded wooded ravine. I was suprised to find that the cabin offered WI-FI, which was nice as we could stream music on our cell phones (little to no cell reception in the area, I have Verizon).

Overall, we couldn't have been happier with our experience. Feel free to message me with any questions you might have!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ColumbusBuckeye
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I love going to Hocking Hills for the summer time. We find Getaway Cabins to be one of the best down there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Ladybug cabin last weekend and it was great. The cabin was small but it had everything we needed for two people. The cabin had a small kitchen and a deck with a hot tub. We were only there one night but had a great time. The cabin was very clean. We arrived after the office was closed but they left our information and keys at the office so we had no problems getting in. The check out was very easy also. We will definitely stay at the Getaway Cabins again. The only downside was that there were very few places to eat around, though that was expected when we decided to go to the area. The staff was also very helpful before arrival.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

stayed at the "spruce moose" cabin may 2012.
great cabin,great hot-tub.close to lots of hiking trails.
our dog, Tea, loved that he was able to come with us.
cabin had everything you need!
will definitely return...had a great time.
Ted,Julie and Tea.

Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster

Been to Getaway Cabins? Share your experiences!