“Never Again”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Hocking Hills Resort
Findlay, Ohio
“Never Again”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My husband and I got married here in 2009. They did a wonderful job. Everything was lovely and we could not have been more pleased. The next year we came back to celebrate our aniversary, stayed in one of the love bug cabins just like when we got married. It was cozy, and clean. Then we started the whirlpool tub which poured out dirty brown water. Now I live in the country, I know what well water is and this was far worst then any well water I have ever seen. So we skipped the tub and went up to the resturant for a nice dinner. They did a wonderful job at our wedding and we were very much looking forward to our dinner. There was no one to seat us, so we took a clean table in the dinning room. We waiting for over fifteen minutes to be addressed in any way. Two servers made eye contact with us, but we were never spoken to, recieved water or menues. We left very unhappy and disappointed. We did stay the entire weekend and spend a wonderful amount of time hiking and fishing. The following Tuesday I recieved a call from my credit card company about a large charge on my account. I knew that the resort would be charging it so I called the bank to approve the amount. They were trying to charge me $75 extra. I emailed the resort to ask if we had damaged something during the stay and why there was an additional fee. They corrected the charge and told me that they quoted me with a returning guest discount. Really?
I know they did a lovely job for our wedding, but I don't think we will return here for another weekend stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank blueroses82

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
brunswick
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The staff sucks! they do not help you at all they don't even greet you at the door , for the price it should , excellent service, all staff was doing was playing on the computer , they didn't have a map of there place and the driveway up to the place is a joke holes all over it and there deep , if you got a car be prepared to pay money to fix it up it , is so run down, cabins look so old The funny thing about the lady said the keys were in the room we would have to drive down to the cabin the key would be inside, we get to the cabin and its lock, drive back to the check in area and the lady had to nerve to say after we use this key to bring it back up , she was so lazy,to do work, the worst place ever and I've stayed in 30 different states and this resort is by far the worst to stay with, don't expect much here they have no clue how to run a business, bad ownership, they offer nothing there you are better off staying a little north , or in landcaster, people there know how to respect people unlike hocking hills resort

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank buckydogs
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband introduced me to the wonderful cabins in the woods at the Hocking Hills Resort before we were married in 2007. We made it our special weekend getaway site. Since then, we have probably stayed in every single cabin; each one is individually decorated and serene with the wooded backdrop and the garden tubs are very romantic!! We even got married at Ash Cave across the street and spent the first weekend of our honeymoon at Hocking Hills Resort! Now that we have our first child, we still come back to the cabins with our pack-n-play in tow--there is always plenty of room even in the small cabins for our little one to run around before turning in for a quiet night.

The service at the Grouse Nest Restaurant has always been delightful for our evening meals; the food is equally fantastic!! We even had them cater our wedding reception in 2007; the buffet line we set up was reasonably priced and the banquet hall atmosphere was both beautifully decorated and accommodating to all of our needs.

We look forward to many wonderful future visits to the Hocking Hills Resort!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Middletown
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We loved our Love Bug Cabin for two, it was clean, cozy and secluded. We enjoyed a 2 person hour massage in front of the stone fireplace in the reception hall and then dinner catered to our cabin. we couldn't have asked for a more relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2010

When I booked our cabin they told me on the phone that the love bug cabins were $60.00 a night and to call back to book the cabin because she couldnt do it because she was just filling in untill the other guy got back and when I called back the guy told me that it was $80.00 a night. Apparently she made a mistake and gave me the price for returning customers. Since she already qouted me the $60.00 price he honored it. When I booked it I did not see any pictures of the cabin and I was expecting somthing very plain and rustic because the price was so cheap. When we got there I was very pleasantly suprised. It was decorated cute and they even had fresh flowers waiting for us on our kitchen table. There was a two sided fireplace and the bathroom was great. I swear I think you could fit 10 people in that shower and there was seating all around inside the shower. I have stayed in alot of cabins in Hocking Hills but these cabins are the best I have found for the money. I don't know why people would give it a bad review. Its the same price as a cheap hotel exept way, way, way, better.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Our family of 6 plus one friend and two dogs had a great time here. Stayed in the Coltsfoot cabin. Plenty of room inside the cabin which was very clean, very comfortable beds, even the futons that make into a double bed were great for the teenagers. Plenty of space in the loft which our children loved. Hot tub was excellent. Kitchen had oven, microwave, coffee maker, 4 slot toaster and full size fridge. Loved the privacy, peace and quiet. Owner and all staff were always friendly, personal and helpful. Only thing I didn't like was that we didn't have any grass area to play in and the grill is just your basic park grill. Took a while to fix dinner for our large family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank browneyedgirl3571
Ohio
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I stayed at Hocking Hills Resort for my niece's wedding. Trying to get in touch with the wedding coordinator was almost impossible. She made various errors in billing. My cabin was billed incorrectly from the beginning, I tried to talk to her and left various messages through voice mails and messages to other employees. She Never Returned my Calls!!!! It is now over three weeks and I am still trying to resolve this issue. While the wedding was nice the coordinator was very unreliable. I would definetly not suggest this as a venue.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Chillicothe
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster

Been to Hocking Hills Resort? Share your experiences!