“Poorly maintained Love Bug cabin”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Hocking Hills Resort
Detroit, Michigan
“Poorly maintained Love Bug cabin”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great location & very peaceful, however, this cabin was not what I expected. Mold in the shower. Shower curtain was ripped & partially hanging off shower rod. Cracked/broken tile in the bathroom. Quilt/comforter on the bed was threadbare & ripped in spots. Large exposed rusted nails on the deck. TV didn't work & there was no remote for the TV. When this was brought to the attention of the office, it was disregarded. There was a note upon our arrival that stated, "Dear Guest, The fireplace is not working-broke down yesterday." REALLY??? No effort on part of management to make amends. The wrong key was left in our cabin & we locked ourselves out...had to climb over the balcony to let ourselves back in. There was NO cleaning service so the fact that there was an envelope in our cabin asking for a tip to clean the cabin is a JOKE! This is one of the worst places that I have ever stayed in....far cry from a romantic getaway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hobey39
HHRGNR, Owner at Hocking Hills Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for commenting about your stay at Hocking Hills Resort. We apologize for the condition of your cabin that day. Housekeeping issues are on-going and we work hard to maintain consistent quality; however--and it is no excuse--we fall short on occasion. Please call the office and we can work out an equitable solution to your disappointment. I guarantee you will not encounter unacceptable conditions on your next visit.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Ladyslipper cabin in April 2013 and we had a great & relaxing experience. The place was spacious & clean with everything you need to escape from reality. There is a hot tub on the deck overlooking the beautiful scenic woods. There is a woodburning fireplace inside that we used each day & night as the temps were cool. There is a full kitchen, bathroom with a large shower, master bedroom with a queen bed and living room with 2 futon couches. The upstairs was a loft with 4 twin beds. This is a small community of cabins which consists of 5 small Lovebugs and 2 larger cabins. There is a restuarant onsight as well called the Grouse Nest which we did not try because we brought our own food & drinks but I heard it was yummy. There is a charcoal grill out front which we put to good use. We brought our own speakers to play music from our iphones which was a 'nice to have' as they don't have them in the cabin. The location is great, it is near Ash Cave, Cedar Falls and Old Man's Cave. It sits really high up a steep gravel hill so be prepared for that. Just an FYI....there is NO cell phone service there and no phones in the cabins so it is a true escape from reality. When we arrived on Friday night, our gas light came on as we pulled into the area. I was nervous to run out of gas on the windy & hilly roads with no cell phone so we waited til Saturday morning and went to the front desk. They went above and beyond to help us and followed us in their car to the gas station 4 miles away to ensure we made it safely. Very kind people! Overall wonderful experience and the perfect getaway!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank md-cbus
Chardon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband stumbled across this place looking for a place for our honeymoon. We rented one of the lovebug cabins and we were more then pleased. Cabin was clean and everything was nicely organized. Loved the jacuzzi and the atriumn in the bathroom. Veiw was fanstatic and it was so quiet and relaxing. The staff was amazing and was quick to answer any questions we had also to let us know what all there was to do in the area. We had them add afew baskets and had dinner catered in one night all the food was delicious. I can't wait until we go back this summer and I'm sure many more times in years to come.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HHRGNR, Owner at Hocking Hills Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to you in the future, the hills are beautiful every season!
Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have been staying at the Hocking Hills Resort for over 15 years and just visited the resort again this past week. We love the cozy Love Bug Cabins and for those who dont like the hill, you just have to get use to it, we love being on top of the ridge and secluded from the other tourist. Our cabin is always clean and comfortable and the staff is ready to assist with anything we ask. There are trails to hike, a garden for relaxing in around a bon fire and enjoying the outdoors is what it is all about when visiting the hocking hills. We love how close our cabin is to the state parks and have even walked to Ash Cave many times with our pet in tow. Please make note of the journal in the cabin, you can experience what others have while visiting in that cabin and every one has a special thought and adventure in the hills.
Don't want to cook, you can order a breakfast basket and have dinner catered to your cabin, I love it! Sitting down to a fabuous dinner and I don't have to left a finger and cook it, just rinse my plates when I'm done. I can;t say enough about our time in the Hocking Hills while staying in a Love Bug Cabin, it's a little piece of paradise, away from the hustle and bustle of town and don't forget to look up, the stars are fanastic, I've never seen such a sight, the hocking hills is a true wonder!

Room Tip: We Like Love Bug 2 and Love Bug 4 the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate our repeat customers who have been coming to the Hocking Hills over the years, looking forward to seeing you again.
Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family had a great time @ hocking hills resort. The cabin was very clean and smelled clean. We had a fire going the whole time we were there it was so cozy. we loved the hot tub on the deck over looking the woods. the staff was very helpful with anything that we needed. the grouse nest was so nice that my picky daughter even loved it. i would recommend these cabins to my friends and family. would love to spend a Christmas there soon.

Room Tip: we loved the coltsfoot!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I found this cabin business online while researching the Hocking Hills, The well designed wesite allowed me to book one of the love bug cabins with ease. I quickly recieved a phone call confirming everything, adding on a couple of the nice baskets and dinner to our cabin the second night we stayed. Upon Check in the Very freindly staff was very informative with the area and what some of the must see places to adventure to. The Cabin we stayed in, Lovebug #4, was beautiful very well maintained interior very clean, felt like home, a quaint little kitchen to the right, a sitting area to the left with a wonderful electric fireplace seperating the queen size bed. Directly across the bed was the entrance to the batroom, and the first thing you see is a beautiful glass atrium that the jacuzzi tub sits directly under, I couldn't wait to relax in the jacuzzi tub! the shower was a very nice size, There was an entrance to the back patio which was a nice addition, didnt see any other cabins felt very private. The patio has a small chimnea that unfortunately we didnt get to use as while we were in the cabin, we used the fireplace.

They had a wonderful Wedding Facility on property we asked to see it, it had a wonderful courtyard and a beautiful interior with exposed wooden beams. I would love to get married there.

The Night we checked in we went to the Grouse Nest Restaurant it was quite busy as there are only a few restaurants in the area, our server, Jason, was one of the best servers we have ever had, the Food was amazing pray they have their Roasted Butternut Squash Soup on thier menu, it is wonderful, their desserts were amazing, definately worth every penny we spent in there. The second Night we had our dinners delivered from the restaurant which is right down the road from the cabins. it was just as delicious as our dinner was in the privacy of our own cabin.

I highly Recommend this establishment It was very clean and maintained yes there are leaves in the fall, and branches your in the woods people!! Everytime I come to the hocking hills I will from now on Stay at Hocking Hills Resort and eat at the Grouse Nest Restaurant.. Cant wait for my next visit which we booked before we left and got a small discount!

Room Tip: love bug 4 was the one i stayed in
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family had a wonderful time at Hocking Hills. The cabin was very spacious and very clean. The view from the balcony was very nice also. The restaurant, The Grouse Nest, was delicious! The office staff was very helpful. My family and I will Definitely be returning for another short family getaway!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hocking Hills Resort? Share your experiences!