“Average place”
Review of Tavern of Solon - CLOSED

Tavern of Solon
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Food OK, nothing to write home about. Lacks atmosphere. Really good chocolate martini. In strip plaza.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm a big wing fan and they have many different sauces/dry rubs at reasonable price. Good size as well. Frequently order to go. Love the smoked flavor.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Tavern of Solon has the makings of a great ribs joint, a good addition to the blossoming restaurant scene in Solon. The ribs are tender and tasty and come with a great variety of side dishes. I would have appreciated a spicer, less sweet option, but there's no denying the owner, a Solon high school grad, has a great way with ribs. The decor has not changed much from the Benny's days, but I appreciated the welcome addition of photos of Solon. We were there in the summer and the place seemed a bit dark, it will be cozy in winter. The owner tells me he has plans to build an outdoor seating area and also attract live bands. That would be great. I've always thought that space in the Solon Shopping Mall had great potential and I wish the Tavern all the best.