“Awesome Place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Discovered this place when I moved to Solon- hands down the best place in the area. The atmosphere is great- a very nice formal dining area with a central fireplace, very nice patio and an amazing tavern with original wood from the 1800's. It's got it all.

The menu is also perfect. There's definitely something for everyone- kids included. They have a wide variety of sandwiches, signature flatbreads (similar to thin crust pizzas), great apps and entrees (seafood, steak, chicken, etc), as well as chef specialties and desserts. They also make all of their own salad dressings, and they're delicious. And they cater!

In addition to all of that, they have live music in the tavern on the weekends and do monthly wine tastings (paried with special chef creations). It's the perfect couple(s) event.

Can't say enough about this find- best around!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Food was great with large portions, nice atmosphere. Service was "ok" could have been better but he was young!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'm on a long-term project in Solon and have grown tired of eating at the same chain restaurants. I found Glenwillow Grill by accident while using goolgle maps, so I decided to try it for something different. The location is only 7 miles from Solon, but it takes a good 15 minutes to drive it in lunch-time traffic, so plan accordinly. The menu is varied and offered choices for all types including salads, sandwiches and entrees. The resaurant is very clean and presents a business-casual environment. There is a nice outdoor dining area to enjoy one of the occasionally nice weather days. I had the Cranberry salad with grilled chicken for lunch. Everything was good except for the chicken. Although the meat had very light "grill marks", I tasted no grill flavor and found the meat to be be watery. So I fear it was a previously frozen product that had been quickly re-heated...not what I expected for $13. The serving staff was quick, but I observed many tables waiting for food longer than I did - so the kitchen must get backed-up easily.

If you have extra time to invest in the drive over, or are looking for a clean and relatively quiet bar to hang-in for a while, I would recommend the Glenwillow Grille.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I met friends for a fun dinner there and enjoyed very tasty food and good service. The atmosphere was pleasant. The Gleenwillow Grille is so conveniently located near Solon and Macedonia, Ohio. I am a picky eater but there was lots to choose from on the menu and the server and cook got my order just right. I did not have to wait for a table and my food was prepared in what seemed like a very reasonable time. I liked everything about my dining experience and will come back soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We had the Walleye lightly breaded and good size. We have been coming occasionally to the grill over several years. And the food has always been tasty. Beautiful location.

Been to Glenwillow Grille? Share your experiences!