“Excellent place be out of the city yet still close!”

SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Solon
ccarbau1
“Excellent place be out of the city yet still close!”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We booked two nights in this hotel and were very happy with our stay. The only issue we had was a wedding was booked while we were there. We understand that this was a happy occasion but at 1 in the morning when they started racing a wheelchair up the hall we had to call the front desk. They sent security very quickly and handled it well. We hated to be party crashers but we had to get up early. Other than that our stay was wonderful. The rooms were not your typical layout which made for a nice stay. The couch was seperate from the bedroom and the tv swiveled in the middle which was nice. Kitchen was well equipped and clean as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto
Reviewed October 10, 2010

As a side trip when visiting Cleveland, we stayed at the Springhill Suites in Solon after a day of shopping at the Aurora Farms Premium Outlets. We booked the AAA/CAA rate of only $84/night, which included free breakfast.

In hindsight, we probably would have stayed closer to Beachwood, but having not been there before we didn't realize that this this hotel was in more of a corporate location. However, the staff were incredibly friendly, the hotel was clean, and the room was really cozy. It was also really quiet and the bed was really comfortable.

The free Wi Fi was great, and the complimentary breakfast had a nice variety of healthy foods (yogurt, oatmeal and fruit), along with the usual pancakes and sausage, etc.

Solon is a great place, the people were friendly and there were some good restaurants. If you're ever heading to Solon, make sure to eat at Station 43.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My extended family booked this hotel as our "home base" for a family reunion in August 2010. We booked 6 rooms in total. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience. The rooms were clean and updated. The refrigerator, microwave and bar sink were welcome conveniences in the room. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Only drawback was the fact that our rear-facing room was close enough to the nearby warehouses to hear loud idling trucks and machines during the weekday mornings, starting very early in the morning. This actually vibrated the windows on our room and made it difficult to sleep past 7am.

My husband and I stayed in a King bed room, which was a spacious size for us. My parents stayed in a 2-queen bed room, which had a more awkward layout and the sitting area furniture was crammed into a smaller space. Obviously, nothing can be done with the layout of the walls, but a space planner may be able to rearrange the furniture in some of these rooms to make them less cramped.

One thing that stunned me was seeing signs around town that said "Solon Recycles" but there were absolutely no recycling receptacles at the hotel. I specifically asked about this at the front desk when I brought down a small bag of water bottles and soda cans. This is unacceptable in this day and age. Understandable if there is not enough room in the bedrooms to put bins, but at least offer recycling bins in the lobby for plastic and aluminum.
The breakfast is fine; however, the exact same items are put out every day, so it gets tiresome after a couple of days. I was there for 4 breakfasts. It would have been nice to see more fresh fruit, other than just apples and bananas, on occasion. Also, it was convenient to have 2 computers in the business center to use as needed; however, the connection was very slow and frustrating. Additionally, I heard 2 different hotel guests complain about the wireless internet not working on 2 separate days.

Otherwise, I found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. My family often used the lobby as a place to congregate and relax and we were encouraged by the staff to do so. The location was convenient to both the highways and local attractions. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Stayed for two nights with the wife & three teenagers. We picked this hotel because of its central location to family and activities around Cleveland, the availability of a room with two beds + sofabed for the teens and it was right down the street from the Solon Commons Cinema. Very nice place - they gave us adjoining rooms and both were clean and quiet. The usual breakfast in the lobby and a decent indoor pool and hot tub. Ideal for our visit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Kokomo, IN
Reviewed August 23, 2009

One night at the Springhill Suites in Solon. Fantastic staff, rooms rearranged at my request away from lobby/school reunion gathering- No problem! Best indoor pool I have experienced- small waterfall, jacuzzi, very big pool. Continental with more than the usual- biscuits/gravy, eggs, etc. Rooms elegant, spacious, quiet. Staff provided perfect directions to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame/Museum- 20 minutes away. Price was lower for this inn than I expected. I will return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My family and I stayed for Leisure at the Springhill Suites in May. Overall, nice hotel, friendly staff. However, if you are looking for something like the Embassy Suites, keep looking. There is no comparison. The rooms are basically average sized hotel rooms with a small area with a sofa bed. They are not nearly as spacious as the Embassy Suites hotels. Breakfast was also a disappointment. Embassy Suites has a full breakfast with made-to-order omelets. This hotel had an extended continental breakfast with waffles, sausage, and eggs. Not bad for free, but not what I expected as I stay at the Embassy Suites often. The prices are comparable, so I think you get more bang for your buck with Embassy Suites.

On another note, there was an ant infestation in my room and the room of another relative. I found several baby ants crawling on the nightstand in the bedroom area. Then my relative found several baby ants crawling on the bathroom floor. I wiped down the area with disinfectant just to find the ants return after a few hours. Then I found some in my bathroom as well. I know it's spring and the time of year for ants, but management should make some effort to spray regularly before guests arrive. When my relative told housekeeping about the ants, she seemed confused and just looked. Finally she went and brought back a maintenance worker who sprayed. The room was full of fumes and we had to air out the room!!!

Overall, nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2008

Just came back from Springhill Suites and had a great stay. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were big with two queen beds and a sofa bed. Bathrooms were large with a hair dryer.
The pool is large and clean and the hottub was nice a warm. Great for relaxing after the huge snowfall that we had.
Breakfast in the morning consists of eggs,waffles, juices, fruit, yogurt and cereals. Coffee and tea is always available.
Shopping is just down the road.
I would definitely come back.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank luvthesand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg

Been to SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!