“Good clean comfortable hotel”

SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Toronto, Canada
“Good clean comfortable hotel”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

4 day business trip and stayed here as it was close to the office. The location is an industrial area, not much close by. Therefore I recommend that you rent a car to get around, for shopping, restaurants, downtown and other attractions.
The hotel is very clean, the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent with the usual and happily fresh fruit. Good gym and equipment, all with tvs and they provide head phones, swimming pool was a nice size and very quiet as no seemed to use it during the week. They have evening snacks, wine and beer. Great fresh baked cookies. The room is spacious, nice flat screen tv, bed is comfortable and my room was very quiet. Internet was sometimes a problem

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JadepearlToronto
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear JadepearlToronto,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable with a nice complimentary food and beverage selection. Please accept my apology for the internet. The hotel recently switched internet service providers to offer our guest increased speed and stability. There was some challenges encountered during this changeover but I am confident those challenges are behind us.
I appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed January 18, 2014

When we arrived that the Cleveland-Solon Springhill Suites around midnight, we were greeted by a friendly and helpful staff person at the front desk. We were so tired, and she was so nice -- that got our stay off to a great start. Even as tired as I was, I could see how clean this hotel was - sparkling. It's very tastefully decorated and the breakfast was great. The beds are a little hard and the towels are a little scratchy, but overall this was a hotel stay that exceeded my expectations. I have a son who attends college in the Cleveland area, and I'm sure we will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Drue P
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Annakarenina80,
Thank you for the nice review and compliments. We look forward to your next trip to Cleveland to visit your son at college.
Take Care,
Summerville, GA, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a great hotel, conveniently located near the National Park and Ski areas. The staff was super friendly. The hotel provided large clean rooms. The pool area was clean. The morning breakfast was good. Stayed during a winter storm and appreciated how they provided window scrappers and brushes to borrow. Loved the area and hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Scott G
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Scott G,
Thank you for the glowing review!! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to my staff. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the room, pool and breakfast. The hotel realizes that when getting ready to leave on a trip, it is easy to forget you are traveling to a northern state. This hotel tries to anticipate those guest needs, i.e. ice scrapers and brushes. I was so glad to hear they came in handy. Sorry you had to endure a winter storm but glad the hotel was able to assist. Thank you again for choosing Marriott.
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was a good price point near Cleveland, but there isn't much in the neighborhood. Perhaps this is predominantly a business hotel? The staff was very welcoming, the hotel gym had a good selection of equipment and there were good choices at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Andrea D
Dear Andrea D,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites. Your right, the hotel is located in a business park but easily accessible to many local area attractions. The attractions are actually closer than you might have realized. If your travels bring you back to the area, please reach out to my staff for things to do locally. They will be happy to assist. Thanks again and take care!
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Very impressed with this Springhill Suites. Very friendly a efficient front desk staffClean, nice room, the pool was great for the kids. It was warm and clean. The hot tub was also great. We just checked in today, so we'll check out the breakfast in the morning, but if it follows suit it should be great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ren B
Dear Ren B,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I am glad to hear that your stay with family was a great success. The hotel has made some upgrades to the complimentary buffet breakfast so its always good to receive feedback. If your travels bring you back to this area, Springhill Suites looks forward to being your home away from home. Until then, take care!
Bellbrook, OH
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We usually stay at Marriott properties but we had our first stay at the Springhill Suites this week. The staff was excellent. They were very helpful. We arrived just after the evening "happy hour" and just missed appetizers and wine. The person checking us in offered to get us a glass of wine. Nice touch! The room reminded us of a European model; economy of space but had everything we needed. It was clean with nice amenities. The breakfast buffet was also very good with many choices. Overall we would stay at a Springhill Suites again. I only hope that the staff is as accommodating as the staff at the Solon OH property. We had no problem finding restaurants nearby. We did research on Yelp and came up with varied choices for dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lindayt
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Lindayt,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites in Solon. I am so glad to hear your first experience was so positive. Being a newer brand in the Marriott family, please help us spread the word about Springhill Suites to all your friends and family.
I sure hope you have a great holiday season and come back real soon.
Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The staff were very friendly and the room was very clean. However the hotels lacks in a few areas. The bed was a bit too firm for me and the size of the bed seemed smaller than a queen. The breakfast was average for a free hotel breakfast. In my opinion hyatt place has a nicer hotel and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank joshua c
Dear Joshua C,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I do appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear the staff was friendly and the room was very clean. Those attributes are critical to our success in the hospitality industry. In regards to the bed, the size is actually a queen. I have to be honest, I have heard this same feedback from others and I have come to the conclusion that our larger room size creates the optical illusion that the bed is smaller than it really is. Please accept my apology that the firmness of the bed did not meet your needs.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Solon, that you will choose to stay here again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Oakwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg

Been to SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!