“Fresh and clean”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Montreal, Canada
“Fresh and clean”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Have stayed here several times when visiting family in the area. Not the best location for people wanting to spend time in the heart of Cleveland. Well kept, nice decor, immaculate. Rates fluctuate. Sometimes very reasonable. Sometimes too expensive. We wanted to book 3 rooms for an upcoming family weekend but at 169 plus tax a night for 4 nights that's just too much. We will have to go elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank firedup44
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Firedup44,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear you are a frequent guest of the property and have had several positive experiences. In my opinion, repeat guests are the true testimonial of how a property is really operated. In regards to weekend room rates, it appears that your upcoming family weekend must be during a city wide convention because our rates are normally very competitive. Honestly, many times our property is a better value to give guests the opportunity to experience a new and upcoming brand like Springhill Suites. I want to continue to earn your business and I encourage you to contact me so that we can explore together any options available. Thank you again for choosing Springhill Suites by Marriott. I look forward to seeing you real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Pros:
very friendly staff
typical springhill suites rooms
amazing gym
good network connectivity
typical springhill suites breakfast selection

Cons:
higher end of cost per night of other springhill suites in the midwest area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank encore02
Dear Encore02,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back real soon. Take care!
Seattle USA
Reviewed March 7, 2013

While I don't recommend Cleveland, OH in March (no offense meant to anyone), if you are passing through, check out this Springhill Suites property by Marriott. I can't think of one thing that I would change in this hotel - the rooms are large and clean, well-equipped with a nice workspace area and free internet, a refrigerator and microwave, a well-stocked breakfast, an equally well-stocked happy hour (M-Th) and a fantastic workout room and pool. The staff provides outstanding customer service - this is the type of hotel that I am in search of when traveling, be it for business or pleasure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank smkinseattle
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Smkinseatlle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I agree with your tag line, we are a great choice for a hotel in the suburbs of Cleveland. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious, well equipped rooms. We take great pride in serving a full breakfast and offering a social hour which features upscale wines and craft beers. Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites by Marriott. We look forward to being able to serve you in the near future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our family of 5 spent the past two nights at this property. This is a great hotel. Feels very new. Bright and fresh decor. Large, clean rooms. Great breakfast. We loved the fact that there were 2 queen beds plus a pull out sofa in the room. Plenty of room for the 5 of us. Comfy beds. Speakerman showerhead that delivered good water pressure. Paul Mitchell toiletries that smelled great. Granite sink/ countertop with nice shelf for toiletries. Kitchenette area with sink, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Nice desk area/chair. The staff were friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bloomcrew
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Bloomcrew,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I agree a double queen room which has a standard sofa bed makes traveling with a family of 5 so much more convenient. Glad to hear the breakfast and room amenities were a hit. Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I look forward to being able to serve you in the near future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 28, 2012

A perfectly fine, comfortable chain hotel. Spotlessly clean, spacious room. Great sleeping: extremely comfortable bed, quiet hallways, no outside noise from other guests or traffic. Thursday night reception in lobby with complimentary wine and snacks was a nice bonus. Good breakfast bar with plenty of selections, nothing out of the ordinary but everything fresh and well stocked. Pleasant indoor pool area, had the area to ourselves. Good location, with several well-rated restaurants, multiplex cinema, and stores close by, and easy off and on US 422. Helpful and friendly front desk staff. The only things close to a minor complaint: the stylish sleeper sofa not at all comfortable to sit on, and the TV is oddly located between sofa and bed. Would definitely stay here again, especially with an on-line discount making it $20 cheaper than neighboring similar hotels (both in terms of listed price and amenities).

Room Tip: Check for on-line discounts, seems very similar to other nearby hotels but got an-line discount maki...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IndplsTraveler
Dear Indpls Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the clean room, convenient location as well as the complimentary social hour and breakfast. Please accept my apology for the sofa being more stylish then comfortable. The hotel has added a pivot for the TV to make the angle better for viewing from the bed or the living area.
Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I hope to see you in the near future.
Belpre, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I took a trip with my sister and wanted to stay outside of Cleveland for a concert we were attending on 11/17/12. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The hostess even moved our room to the 1st floor because she knew that a soccer team had rented pretty much the entire floor where our room was and she didn't want us to be disturbed. I thought that was really nice and thoughtful of her.
This place was really clean. Even smelled good! Our room was nicely decorated (new, updated), comfy bed, nice mini-kitchen area. Free wi-fi, parking, and a nice breakfast in the morning. The coffee and the food was delish! Lots of things to choose from and all very fresh.
This hotel is a wonderful value and I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie T
Dear Stephanie T,
Thank you for the glowing review. It is always great to hear from our guests. I appeciate the opportunity to host your concert weekend and I look forward to being able to serve your travel needs in the future.
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Solon, OH over the past few years. In the meantime, new hotels have popped up and I always wonder if I should try a new place. Well, I just checked out of the SpringHill Suites hotel after a week long stay, and I am glad that I selected this location again.

Here is what I like about the hotel: Decor in rooms is modern, clean, and everything I need is there. The living room is pretty small, but it has everything one person could need: Couch, table can be pulled up and used as a TV tray, small refrigerator, microwave, small sink and a fairly big desk with 4-5 power outlets. I lay my make-up out on 1/2 of the desk for the morning routine, and work on the other half.

The bedroom has wonderful bedding and adequate lighting for reading. The bedroom closet has enough hangers for a woman (I hang all of my clothing), as well as a full size ironing board and iron. The bathroom is average sized, but the nice thing is that th sink and mirror is outside of the water closet.

If I was to ask for one thing, it would be a little more lighting...especailly when I am ironing. I am just one of those folks that needs to fully see the outcome of my efforts. I also had a morning with no hot water in the shower...but that was a result of some workers during the day. These are the reasons I did not give a rating of 5. :)

I am not a big breakfast person, so I think the breakfast is fine. I just grab some cereal, milk and yogurt and head off to work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank trailbiter
Dear Trailbiter,
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you found our location to be convenient and your room to be clean and comfortable. Please accept my apology for the lack of hot water one morning. Rest assured, this problem has been fixed. I appreciate the information about the lightening in the guestroom and will look into options. Thank you again for choosing the Springhill Suites by Marriott for your travel needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood

Been to SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!