SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$109
Hampton.com
$147
$129
Homewood
Quality Inn & Suites(Oakwood Village)
$59
$130
$122
GardenInn.com
$51
Cleveland Marriott East(Warrensville Heights)
$165
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$56
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewswafflesgreat hotelreplenished quicklysitting areaa small workout roomnephew's weddingminute driveaurora farmsnice sizeoffice areachagrin fallstwo queen bedsnext morningbusiness parkevening snacksmicrowave and mini fridgecheck in was easy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2012

A perfectly fine, comfortable chain hotel. Spotlessly clean, spacious room. Great sleeping: extremely comfortable bed, quiet hallways, no outside noise from other guests or traffic. Thursday night reception in lobby with complimentary wine and snacks was a nice bonus. Good breakfast bar with plenty of selections, nothing out of the ordinary but everything fresh and well stocked. Pleasant indoor pool area, had the area to ourselves. Good location, with several well-rated restaurants, multiplex cinema, and stores close by, and easy off and on US 422. Helpful and friendly front desk staff. The only things close to a minor complaint: the stylish sleeper sofa not at all comfortable to sit on, and the TV is oddly located between sofa and bed. Would definitely stay here again, especially with an on-line discount making it $20 cheaper than neighboring similar hotels (both in terms of listed price and amenities).

Room Tip: Check for on-line discounts, seems very similar to other nearby hotels but got an-line discount making it $20 less than the other places.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IndplsTraveler
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Indpls Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the clean room, convenient location as well as the complimentary social hour and breakfast. Please accept my apology for the sofa being more stylish then comfortable. The hotel has added a pivot for the TV to make the angle better for viewing from the bed or the living area.
Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I took a trip with my sister and wanted to stay outside of Cleveland for a concert we were attending on 11/17/12. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The hostess even moved our room to the 1st floor because she knew that a soccer team had rented pretty much the entire floor where our room was and she didn't want us to be disturbed. I thought that was really nice and thoughtful of her.
This place was really clean. Even smelled good! Our room was nicely decorated (new, updated), comfy bed, nice mini-kitchen area. Free wi-fi, parking, and a nice breakfast in the morning. The coffee and the food was delish! Lots of things to choose from and all very fresh.
This hotel is a wonderful value and I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie T

Dear Stephanie T,
Thank you for the glowing review. It is always great to hear from our guests. I appeciate the opportunity to host your concert weekend and I look forward to being able to serve your travel needs in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Solon, OH over the past few years. In the meantime, new hotels have popped up and I always wonder if I should try a new place. Well, I just checked out of the SpringHill Suites hotel after a week long stay, and I am glad that I selected this location again.

Here is what I like about the hotel: Decor in rooms is modern, clean, and everything I need is there. The living room is pretty small, but it has everything one person could need: Couch, table can be pulled up and used as a TV tray, small refrigerator, microwave, small sink and a fairly big desk with 4-5 power outlets. I lay my make-up out on 1/2 of the desk for the morning routine, and work on the other half.

The bedroom has wonderful bedding and adequate lighting for reading. The bedroom closet has enough hangers for a woman (I hang all of my clothing), as well as a full size ironing board and iron. The bathroom is average sized, but the nice thing is that th sink and mirror is outside of the water closet.

If I was to ask for one thing, it would be a little more lighting...especailly when I am ironing. I am just one of those folks that needs to fully see the outcome of my efforts. I also had a morning with no hot water in the shower...but that was a result of some workers during the day. These are the reasons I did not give a rating of 5. :)

I am not a big breakfast person, so I think the breakfast is fine. I just grab some cereal, milk and yogurt and head off to work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank trailbiter

Dear Trailbiter,
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you found our location to be convenient and your room to be clean and comfortable. Please accept my apology for the lack of hot water one morning. Rest assured, this problem has been fixed. I appreciate the information about the lightening in the guestroom and will look into options. Thank you again for choosing the Springhill Suites by Marriott for your travel needs.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff and an attractive facility. Our room was great but we were greatly disappointed in the breakfast room. During the first two mornings it was difficult to access food and find a table. On our third and final morning it was impossible to get breakfast or find a table despite the fact that two staff members were working hard to keep up with the crowd. Extra seating was available in a meeting room down the hall but they forgot to turn on the heat. We gave up and drove to a nearby restaurant for breakfastI also had a similar experience at the Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia location. Marriott needs to consider taking steps to solve this problem. We visit Solon, Ohio regularly and will stay at one of the other two nearby hotels from now on.

Room Tip: Consider other nearby hotels
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Henry H
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Henry H,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites. I am delighted that you enjoyed the staff and the guestrooms. Please accept my apology for breakfast being overly crowded. At times, groups in the hotel are not considerate of others and they will linger in the breakfast room making it difficult for others to access and enjoy. As you mentioned, we did offer additional overflow seating utilizing our meeting room. Although, the heat was on in that room, I do understand that the temperature was not acceptable for you.
I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, that you will give us another try.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been traveling to this hotel this past month for a total of 14 nights. The rooms are nicely decorated and the mini kitchen plus office desk makes it feel more like a studio vs a hotel room.

The staff is excellent and the breakfast has some heathy choices and a different hot option every day.

The after work complimentary drinks and appetizers are a nice touch.

I enjoy my stays here although I miss being home.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank cheryl p
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Cherylandrocco,
I appreciate you taking the time to review this hotel. It is a true testimonial when a guest has stayed several nights in a very short period of time and still speaks so highly of the facility, staff, and amenities. Thank you for choosing Springhill Suites and allowing us to be your 2nd home.