“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient”

SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Solon, OH over the past few years. In the meantime, new hotels have popped up and I always wonder if I should try a new place. Well, I just checked out of the SpringHill Suites hotel after a week long stay, and I am glad that I selected this location again.

Here is what I like about the hotel: Decor in rooms is modern, clean, and everything I need is there. The living room is pretty small, but it has everything one person could need: Couch, table can be pulled up and used as a TV tray, small refrigerator, microwave, small sink and a fairly big desk with 4-5 power outlets. I lay my make-up out on 1/2 of the desk for the morning routine, and work on the other half.

The bedroom has wonderful bedding and adequate lighting for reading. The bedroom closet has enough hangers for a woman (I hang all of my clothing), as well as a full size ironing board and iron. The bathroom is average sized, but the nice thing is that th sink and mirror is outside of the water closet.

If I was to ask for one thing, it would be a little more lighting...especailly when I am ironing. I am just one of those folks that needs to fully see the outcome of my efforts. I also had a morning with no hot water in the shower...but that was a result of some workers during the day. These are the reasons I did not give a rating of 5. :)

I am not a big breakfast person, so I think the breakfast is fine. I just grab some cereal, milk and yogurt and head off to work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank trailbiter
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Trailbiter,
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you found our location to be convenient and your room to be clean and comfortable. Please accept my apology for the lack of hot water one morning. Rest assured, this problem has been fixed. I appreciate the information about the lightening in the guestroom and will look into options. Thank you again for choosing the Springhill Suites by Marriott for your travel needs.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff and an attractive facility. Our room was great but we were greatly disappointed in the breakfast room. During the first two mornings it was difficult to access food and find a table. On our third and final morning it was impossible to get breakfast or find a table despite the fact that two staff members were working hard to keep up with the crowd. Extra seating was available in a meeting room down the hall but they forgot to turn on the heat. We gave up and drove to a nearby restaurant for breakfastI also had a similar experience at the Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia location. Marriott needs to consider taking steps to solve this problem. We visit Solon, Ohio regularly and will stay at one of the other two nearby hotels from now on.

Room Tip: Consider other nearby hotels
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Henry H
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Henry H,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites. I am delighted that you enjoyed the staff and the guestrooms. Please accept my apology for breakfast being overly crowded. At times, groups in the hotel are not considerate of others and they will linger in the breakfast room making it difficult for others to access and enjoy. As you mentioned, we did offer additional overflow seating utilizing our meeting room. Although, the heat was on in that room, I do understand that the temperature was not acceptable for you.
I do hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, that you will give us another try.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been traveling to this hotel this past month for a total of 14 nights. The rooms are nicely decorated and the mini kitchen plus office desk makes it feel more like a studio vs a hotel room.

The staff is excellent and the breakfast has some heathy choices and a different hot option every day.

The after work complimentary drinks and appetizers are a nice touch.

I enjoy my stays here although I miss being home.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank cheryl p
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Cherylandrocco,
I appreciate you taking the time to review this hotel. It is a true testimonial when a guest has stayed several nights in a very short period of time and still speaks so highly of the facility, staff, and amenities. Thank you for choosing Springhill Suites and allowing us to be your 2nd home.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The friendly staff from the front desk to housekeeping and the food services made our stay enjoyable. During our stay there were many friendly business travelers we met in the lobby in the happy hour environment with appetizers in the evenings. I think the friendly staff rubbed off on the guests. A hot breakfast started our day. The room was nicely decorated with plenty of space to relax. The microwave and mini fridge made us feel right at home. We were able store our leftovers and heat them when we wanted a midnight snack. The location was just a couple turns and few minutes from the main freeways in the area 271 and 480.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BootsyDawg

Dear BootsyDawg,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and social hour. These two amenities I am very proud to offer our guests. I agree, the suites are very spacious and do allow our guest room to spread out and relax. But most importantly, is the human touch or friendliness that you mentioned that really makes the property a memorable experience. I am very fortunate to have employees who work for me that truly enjoy providing excellent service.

I do hope, that if travel brings you back to Solon, we will have the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have to say this hotel exceeded my expectations! We arrived super late (3 a.m.) ~ the front desk person was very nice, very accommodating and funny! Our hotel room was nicely decorated, very clean and the bed was great. Breakfast was fine ~ I wasn't expecting anything gourmet. Just grabbed a muffin and o.j. and I was set. I would love to stay here again if I'm back in the area and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 5travellovers
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear 5travellovers,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Springhill Suites. Isn't it refreshing when you arrive at the hotel after a long journey to be greeted with a pleasant, spirited associate during the early morning hours? I do appreciate you staying with us and I hope to see you back real soon.
Take care,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was probably the nicest hotel that I have stayed at in a long time. Everything was perfect except for the breakfast area which was way too small. If you look at the pictures of the hotel, there are only 7 or 8 tables which is not enough for a 120 room hotel. We went down for breakfast at 9AM on a Sunday morning and had to stand while we ate because it was that busy. Once a table opened up, it was a free-for-all with people racing each other to get to the now empty table. There were families with young kids or older grandparents that chose to wait for a table to open up and they had to wait a long time. A few staff members that I spoke to said this was a daily problem. I cannot believe that a hotel this nice has a breakfast area this small.

If you are traveling by yourself or for business and you do not need to eat breakfast there, I highly recommend this hotel. It is that nice. However, if you are traveling with a family or sports team and count on the breakfast as part of the overall package, I would not recommend staying here unless you don't mind standing while you eat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Keith K

Dear Keith K,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Springhill Suites. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to be exceptionally nice. In regards to breakfast, please accept my apologies for not having enough seating for you on Sunday morning. Based on your review, it looks like you arrived during the last hour of service which can be the busiest time for the hotel. This property does offer extended breakfast hours to assist in making sure everyone is able to enjoy breakfast. In addition, the property has a meeting room and when it is not reserved, the space is made available as overflow seating for our guests to utilize during breakfast. These solutions have proven to work but the property will look into other options for additional seating.
I do appreciate your feedback and I hope that if your travels bring you to Solon, Ohio that you will stay here again.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Having stayed in many different 'chain' properties over the years, we have become extremely preferential to the Marriott branded properties. First off they have more space, secondly with their multiple property types they can accommodate us if we are traveling for business or for pleasure as we were this trip. If there is ever a problem, it is fixed in a timely manner, what more can you ask for?
This hotel was recently renovated, and they did a great job. Upon check in, my husband decided to ask for 2 suites instead of our original reserved 1. They had no problem with request and even showed us multiple rooms until we decided on 2 connecting suites for the weekend. Breakfast was great, when they ran out, and you asked for something it was gladly refilled, not like other places I've been. This was a great experience all around. Clean Friendly Great Pool and Spa. People who worked here really seemed to like there jobs genuinely smiling. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1Gatekeeper
pkeeven, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear 1Gatekeeper,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Springhill Suites. I totally agree with you that Marriott is a step above the rest. I'm thrilled you had a great experience and hope to see you back really soon. Maybe I will have the opportunity to meet you in person?
Take care,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
3 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakwood Village-Cleveland
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakwood Vil...
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood

Been to SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon? Share your experiences!