We stayed here for one night on our way from New York back home, arriving on July 30 and checking out on July 31.
First, the positives:
* The evening from desk clerk was super nice.
* The rooms are recently remodeled and look very nice.
* The common areas appear clean.
* The rooms are typical Springhill Suites and are therefore quite large. We had two doubles plus a pull out couch, and had lots of room to walk around.
* The sink is outside of the toilet/tub area which makes getting ready easier when you have several people in the room.
* The kitchen area (fridge and microwave) includes a sink (with a dish towel) and some cabinets for storing food.
* Our room was quiet.
The not so good:
* There was a bunch of soap scum on the shelf in the tub area. I mean visible soap from a previous guest who had probably set the bar of soap on that shelf. There was a ring in the toilet. This leads me to believe that housekeeping could be more attentive.
* The pool was out of towels. The workout room was out of towels.
* In the morning, the breakfast area was a disaster. There was only one worker restocking, and she simply could not keep up (though she tried). Also, there is only one toaster and one waffle maker. As a result, there were long waits at these spots.
* The quality of the breakfast was mediocre. I've been to enough Marriott properties to see the patterns (they all have the same types of cereal and muffins for instance). But this one was not as good as other places we've been. The scrambled eggs were powdered and basically inedible (according to my husband). The tea I had tasted of coffee, I assume because the hot water container sometimes holds coffee. There was no hot chocolate (or at least none that I could find). There were unappealing half gallon and gallon jugs of milk sitting in a bowl of ice on the counter for guests to use for their cereal.
* The clerk at the front desk on Sunday morning when we were checking out was not very helpful.
If you are passing through and get a good rate, this place is decent enough, but there is room for improvement.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Cleveland Solon Hotel Solon
- Springhill Suites Solon
- SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon Ohio