“Great Hotel for mutilple night stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Reviewed May 3, 2013

It is a little tired but the staff is great and the rooms are big. It is a larger hotel so there are a few twists and turns to get to your room if you have a few baggs to carry. Breakfast is your normal Homewood Breakfast. There is a good Italian place within walking distance and a chinese resturaunt across the street. It is a good place for two nights because of the room size. If you have kids the rooms are the better than the Sprill Hill and Hampton based on space

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Biztravr
Homewoodsolon, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I was very happy to read from your review that you enjoyed our large rooms and that you found our staff to be friendly. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay. I do understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is the 2nd Homewood Suites hotel that I have stayed at and with both I have had great experiences! The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is wonderful! The kitchenettes were just the right size for my needs. I highly recommend it. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is an excellent property except for one policy. This is the first time I have seen a posting prohibiting bringing a firearm into the Hotel. Hotels are considered your home away from home and you should enjoy the same rights to protect ones self. One night clerk on duty can do nothing but call for help. In effect the no gun policy infringes on everyones constitutional rights. There are times when families move and need an extended stay facility and yes families do transport guns. Is it safer to lock them in a car that can be broken into? Traveling to Cleveland several times each year it is hard to find a reasonable - clean hotel which this one certainly is yet the no gun policy will make me look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Homewood for two nights while visiting my Dad over Easter. We were both pleasantly surprised by the place. Very roomy, very clean, and all the little luxuries of home. I liked the free wi-fi. A great kitchen- we wished we were staying longer so we could have used it more. The free breakfast each morning was great- eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, waffles- very nice! I will definately go again. Only negative was that the dishwasher was full of dishes, not knowing if they were clean or not I got some soap from the front desk and ran it. Go- you will like!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed 1 night on 3/11/13. Room was clean and large! Didnt have to ask much from staff and the bed was better than great for a hotel. Didnt want to leave the bed! If ever in the area again, would stay here again! Thanks

Room Tip: Great mexican place to eat within waliking distance at end of road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Everything was neat and in order.. efficient...close to food ..highway..etc
Staff courteous..... Easy to find and get too...Clean rooms... not an overabundance of kitchen stuff.. I would prefer real coffee cups along with the to
go cups Would be better if they could privatize the dressing room....trying to be stealth like to keep from waking others is nutz in a suite like that............Breakfast was plentiful and basic..Helpful Hosts..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is clean and the bedrooms are spacious. The workout facility is headed toward being out dated but does serve its purpose. I stay here when I am in town for work so it is very close to my client's office. There is a couple of choices for restaurants that make it easy for a quick bite. But during the week, the restaurants close by 10 so I usually have to hit them before checking in. The staff has always been over the top nice. It is also next to a movie theatre.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oakwood Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon? Share your experiences!