“Great Service”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Crystal Lake, IL, United States
“Great Service”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This property had a Happy Hour in the evening, a great way to come off the road. The service was amazing, including the GM with a snow brush at 7:30AM, cleaning the cars in the lot. The rest of the staff could not have been more pleasant or useful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Terry H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi Richard V.

Thanks for the awesome review! I am glad our Happy Hour provided a nice release for you to kick back and relax after a long day on the road. It was even better to read that my team was "Johnny-on-the-spot" to ensure your stay was excellent.

As you experienced first hand, that early snowfall caught the entire Cleveland area by surprise. I was more than happy to help everyone dig out and start their day off on a right note (albeit more chilly than we all would have liked).

Thanks again Richard V - your feedback is sincerely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels take you to Solon!

Terry Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
USA
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Everyone behind the desk was fabulous, so helpful friendly and welcoming. Hotel itself is clean in a safe area with little traffic so easy to get around and plenty of food and shopping nearby. Good value for the price highly reocmmend

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Terry H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hi USAtraveler01.

Thank you so much for the excellent feedback! I shared your thoughts with my team this morning during our Daily Huddle and they were beaming with pride (as was I for them). We sincerely enjoy delivering the 'warm & fuzzies' and an impeccably clean room to ensure our guests feel 'at home among good friends'.

Be sure to ask about some of the other hidden dining and shopping gems the next time you are in the Solon area. We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles a blazing!

Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Typical Hampton which is clean and nice. Updated rooms but still older style layout which makes things a bit tight compared to newer properties. I felt it was fairly expensive for just an average property but it seems to be in line with comparable properties in the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Terry H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Hi Kris H.

Glad you like our new look! We have actually added a few more items that improve guest conveniences since your stay in April. I have been looking at possibly removing the luggage bench and using the portable style to provide more space in our guest rooms, but when chatting with my guests they all told me that would be a severe mistake. We did space out the furniture a bit more that has improved this aspect of our rooms and has received positive feedback. Please do let me know your thoughts the next time you are in the Solon area.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Indiana
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times on business. When we were there last, they were just starting the renovations. Returned recently after renovations were complete. The breakfast area is congested and does not flow well. There were lots of people in the hotel while we were there and breakfast was very busy. It felt very crowded and was very loud. We did not enjoy our time at breakfast on this trip. Also, the breakfast food is not appetizing. The hot foods are not hot. Have stayed at nicer Hampton Inns.
Also was disappointed that the rooms are set up so that there is not a convenient outlet by the bed for plugging in a phone charger. Bathroom was dark needed better lighting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi bkbkg.

I appreciate the excellent feedback based on your stay at my hotel. I am very happy that you recognized that our strength id definitely our friendly team and impeccable cleanliness, You did mention a couple of items that I have been working that will hopefully improve your experience the next time you are in Solon.

You are right - we do have limited outlets by the bed. I am not sure if you noticed, but we recently added a multi-port (6) outlet by the desk area for cell phones and other devices. I intend on installing these as well on the night stand to provide even more outlets. I am also reviewing alternatives to improve the lighting in our bath room area. This is proving to be a bit more challenging just based upon the initial construction of the hotel. I have tested a few items, but I am not satisfied with the 'bang for the watt'. I would be happy to keep you informed as to my progress on these items.

Thank you again for taking the time bkbkg to connect and share your thoughts. Your insights are sincerely appreciated. Let me know the next time your in town so I can thank you for the suggestions!

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It was a good experience, the rooms were a bit small for my style, but maybe I got used to suites. Cleanliness was good, staff was welcoming. Only noticeable not good thing was some of the "hot" items at the continental breakfast, mildly warm eggs don't go down the easiest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Nathan J.

Thanks for taking some time to share your thoughts on your experience at my hotel. It always great to receive feedback that our efforts are appreciated and that you were warmly welcomed during your trip to the Solon area.

We did have an issue with our hot food heater which I am happy to report was immediately corrected (the plug was actually just not set in place 100%). Our breakfast attendant realized this shortly that morning and got us back on track and that our eggs/bacon/potatoes/etc. are piping hot like they should be.

Congrats by the way for the Pirates return to excellence! Stop by and drop me a hello the next time you are in the area!

General Manaqer
Wattsburg
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Visiting Solon on business and wanted a place clean and nice with a decent breakfast. Just off the main drag, the location is quiet. However, it is close to restaurants and general shopping. The room was clean and pleasantly appointed. The pool was clean and obviously well maintained. Breakfast has a real nice selection of hot and cold items. Everything was clean. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff. While I did not require any special attention, the desk clerks greeted me at every opportunity.
I was only disappointed with the TV cable system. Changing the channels requires a significant amount of patience. Each click brings an ensuing wait. I missed the "guide" feature I enjoy at home with a satellite service. So, scanning the channel selection took most of the evening. At the same time, I did not mention this to the staff. In hind sight, I should have given them the opportunity to investigate. (Maybe the trouble was repairable.)
Tuesday, I walked to the end of the road to enjoy a classic car show that assembles there weekly. Nice nice nice.
I felt safe and comfortable inside and out. I would not hesitate to stay here again alone or with my family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Ron R.

It was great to read that you appreciated not only the cleanliness and attention to detail of our property, but the sincere friendliness of our entire team. We take pride in proving our guests with that special feeling that throughout their stay.

I agree with you - their is a slight delay when changing channels. This is due to the conversion of the channel from the local cable supplier to our hotel programming. I actually will be meeting with our television provided who has a potential solution. Let me know if you would like me to update you once I have the opportunity to hear their proposal.

Thank you again Ron R for the great feedback. My team was thrilled when I shared your thoughts with them. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Richmond, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Hampton Inn was great for us. We had some plans that an early check-in would have helped. We called and they allowed the early check-in (at 2:00). In addition to the early check-in, the front desk lady was very accommodating and friendly. She recommended a great place to eat lunch (the sub place around the corner) and we were not disappointed. The room was great. The AC was cold and constant (it did not turn on/off throughout the night). It was also very close to major highways and easy access to SE, E, and NE Cleveland.

Room Tip: The sub/sandwich place around the corner was great!