“Pool awful”

Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Solon
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We live on the coast so we are constantly swimming in lots of pools and at the beach. We made a recent trip to visit family and the chemicals in this pool were horribly unbalanced. My 9 year old's eyes were burning so badly he asked to go back to the room. He was in awful pain and the whites of his eyes were completely red. My 5 year old left the pool crying with red eyes and our teenager complained of her skin burning. I brought my boys down to show the woman at the front desk. Not sure we believe the 100% satisfied guarantee because we still had to pay for our room in the morning. My husband is a doctor and he was concerned. In fact our older son's eyes were still red in the morning. Not sure about going in a Hampton Inn pool again. Room is fine just beware of pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I travel for work and stay at Hamptons constantly. This one needs to update the rooms. It's a Hampton so it is, of course, clean and acceptable. But some Hamptons have beautiful modern rooms with dark wood trim and nice artwork. This one is like the boring lady next door decorated it twenty years ago.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank exploringrocks
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here in July for a conference. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My King room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the wifi was fast and reliable. The hair dryer was swapped out as soon as I let the front desk receptionist know that it was broken. Continental breakfast was more than adequate. The Longhorn Restaurant is right next door. My week long stay was comfortable, and I would stay here again. Georgie @ Falcoln Transportation provided a delightful ride to/from the airport.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kerry A
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a very nice, extremely clean, well appointed hotel. Even though there was a reunion group there with children, I was happy to discover that I couldn't hear a thing through the walls! Great breakfast with a nice variety of food and beverage choices. Friendly and helpful staff. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MickiKaye714
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Clean room. Friendly helpful staff from front of house to back. Good breakfast included in room price. Quiet location but central to everything in Solon. What else can you ask for? Nothing. Thank you Hampton Inn staff for making our stay so comfortable. Two thumbs up!

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank COBOLKid
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Hampton Inns are usually well run hotels that do what hotels should always do: put their guests first. The Hampton Inn Solon is no exception. The front desk clerks seemed genuinely pleasant and welcoming. The room was super-clean, and was tastefully furnished. We did find a few relatively minor problems with our room over the course of our three-night stay, but we were completely satisfied with how the staff addressed them. The desk clerks listened well and the general manager followed through with solutions. What more can you ask?

The Inn creates a friendly atmosphere that seems to rub off on the guests. The "happy hour," as my wife and I call it (manager's reception) actually was condusive to meeting and chatting with outher guests. The complimentary brunch was also pleasant, with decent food and a bright greenhouse-enclosed dining area.

We'll stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank totalveg
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This location has lived up to the Hampton Inn standard, especially for the Cleveland area. I visit this area frequently, for family, and I have been disappointed over and over again by the hotels in this area. I stayed in Solon at this HI because they allow pets (the only one that does). I was disappointed by the $50 fee extra for our stay for bringing my 15pound dog. However, it was well worth it for having a clean, friendly place to stay for 3 nights. The $50 charge is for the entire stay, no matter how long the stay.

The room was clean, aside from a dusty doorknob (attached picture). I was impressed. The shower looked like it may have had some previous water damage repaired, no biggie, but looked like it could have used some updating (only the shower).

The breakfast was pretty good, varying slightly from day to day.

I will most definitely stay here again! The staff even referred to me by name as we were packing up the car. Very hospitable. :-)

located next to a Mexican cantina, a Taco Bell, Longhorn Steakhouse, and a place called Zoup (very good). All within walking distance.

Room Tip: Quiet, safe location, next to plenty of places to eat. Great staff and pet friendly!