“What a Treasure!”

Dining options: Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio
“What a Treasure!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is no ordinary Italian American Restaurant. World class food is served in a welcoming setting in an unassuming spot next to a movie theater and party center. One should not be fooled. The service is friendly and the food amazing. Consider the chicken Marsala and mussels, both excellent. The garlic rolls are rich with flavor and delicious. This is a hidden northeast Ohio treasure.

• Visited April 2013

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Tasty Pizza”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Daddona's is located next to the Solon Theaters. The restaurant is fairly large with a full bar and outside dining for warm weather. We usually go there for a pizza after a movie. It is very good with a medium to thin and crispy crust. The pasta is excellent. Salads are large with delicious homemade dressing. They also serve you their unbelievable homemade rolls with any meal you order. They do have take out if you wish to do so. The wait staff is always pleasant and prompt. I am sure if you give this restaurant a try you will enjoy it.

• Visited January 2013
Northfield, Ohio
“Great Eggplant Parm.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have been there many times, always order the eggplant, never have been disappointed. The taramisu is one of the best around.

Visited November 2012
twinsburg, ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just a fun eveing”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We alwaya try out places that are local but new and this was jsut right as a first try. Good food and service. Bill just right for the quality of food.

Visited September 2012
Chesterland, Ohio
“Too Much Salt!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

In September, 2012, a friend of mine and I decided to go to Jimmy Daddona's Restaurant since we were at a craft show next door to benefit Make a Wish Foundation. I had not been to JD's since I had very greasy linguine with red clam sauce years ago and had major medical repercussions after that meal. I won't go into details what happened to me after that meal, but it wasn't good. I had eaten the linguine with the red clam sauce for a number of years and it was delicious...but this one time it was overly greasy....so they lost a customer. Fast forward to September, 2012....we went into the restaurant....the waiter was very good, by the way...but there was a food issue AGAIN. I talked my friend into getting the linguine with the red clam sauce....big mistake. Yes, the portions are very large (most people take home pasta that is put in a container and wrapped in plastic so it won't dribble.). The salads used to be huge, too....now they are much smaller. But the pasta portion was large....but the sauce was awful!!!! It tasted like the cook dumped a box of salt in the sauce. I told the waiter about this and he said that JD, the owner makes the sauces....well, JD got older and maybe his sense of taste has been lost....the sauce was enough to cause a stroke for a person who has high blood pressure. Whatever the sauce tasted like years ago before it was made extremely oily, it's not the same. The Wedding Soup, fortunately was not loaded with salt...it was okay....not great. The "garlic rolls" were very good, however....but this is not why I went there to eat. I took home the pasta (a lot of it because it was not edible for me) & dumped bottled marinara sauce on it and gave it to my husband. In retrospect, I should have dumped it in the garbage.
I will never go back to this restaurant again. I value my health. I can get a much better meal elsewhere without endangering my heart or my brain.
Constructive criticism: JD needs to let someone else do the cooking. His taste buds are declining with age. Overloading a sauce with salt does not make it taste better. It just tastes "salty".

• Visited September 2012