“Good food, poor service”

The Bridge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Troy
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good, however the service was horrible. We arrived and waited at the hostess station for five minutes and nobody ever approached us. We then decided to seat ourselves and waited at least another five minutes and nobody came to our table. I went to the bar to get drinks for my wife and I and returned to our table. Still no service. I asked a waitress if we could see a menu while we waited and she seemed a bit peeved that we seated ourselves. A few minutes after that a waitress finally approached us and took our orders.

Dayton, Ohio
“Decent Option for Locals (but not worth the drive)”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The owner previously had a restaurant in Troy, OH where my wife and I had one of the best steak dinners ever. We recently drove quite a ways further to Sidney in hopes that we would meet with similar results at The Bridge. Unfortunately, however, the meal and the experience just was not the same.

This establishment is in the downtown section in an old brick building and it does have character with wood floors, beadboard, and high ceiling. It is kind of a cross between a restaurant and a bar whereas we were hoping for something a little more romantic. From our table I could easily see 2 televisions at the ends of the bar and the music being played (a tab bit too loud) was mid to late 70's soft rock (Doobie Bros, Eagles, etc.). No candle light or Michael Buble, although there was a piano at the front but no one was playing the Friday evening we were there.

As for the food, we ordered Filets which were very good (fire grilled) although my wife's was a little charred. Our side dishes of pepper jack potatoes and sweet potato souffle were pretty good but the overall presentation was lacking. The bread was very good but the tossed salad was rather dry and wilted like it had been sitting out for quite a while. The service was fine; nothing noteworthy.

Overall...decent but pricey. It just wasn't quite what we were hoping for.

• Visited January 2013
“Neighborhood atmosphere.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The food is the best in the area. The service is always great. Large wine and beer selection. Is not a place to take entire family as can be pricey.

Visited December 2012
Minster, Ohio
“Wood Fire grilled steaks, yum !”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is the only real fine dining in the city of Sidney. They have a formal menu and staff. This place is good for professional business or pleasure. They also have a decent wine list. I will return

Visited June 2012
Sidney, Ohio
“Nice casual restaurant”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Ate here twice last month. Once for lunch and once for dinner.
Love the wedge salad and salmon I had for dinner. Soup and salad for lunch was also very good. Excellent atmosphere.

Visited May 2012