“Great price and perfectly fine”
Review of Motel 6 Sidney, OH

Motel 6 Sidney, OH
Ranked #2 of 2 Sidney B&B and Inns
Columbus, OH
“Great price and perfectly fine”
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I was scared by reviews on this site, but took a chance since the room was $42 when all others nearby were in the $80-100 range. I was glad I did! The hotel is old and is being reonvated. Lobby was very nice and our room was fine. It had new carpet, new bathroom tile and fixtures, and the bed linens and towels were clean and new. The bed was a little squeaky and needs to be replaced, but it was no worse than most of the mid-priced chain hotels. Our room was in a section where the door opens out to the street, and it had some noise from the road, and the walls between rooms are rather thin and we could hear the people in the room next door coming and going. For the price, however, I was very pleased with our stay and would stay there again. The manager was very nice and gave us a late checkout for free. The deal can't be beat! Not a destination hotel, but if you just need some place to stay for the night, this is quite the deal.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Outside room entrance
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Prestonsburg
Reviewed June 15, 2008

We stayed 2 nights 06/13/08 and 06/14/08. The staff were very friendly and helpful, they are remodeling their rooms, the one we stayed in had new carpet, all the walls were freshly painted,there was nothing wrong with the water, the first little bit that ran out was a little rusty looking but there were no stains in the tub or sink, the towels were thick and very white, the lobby was clean and nice,they welcomed my little dog,there was a charge of $10.00 extra for her. I checked the Holiday Inn first but they charge a $75.00 non refundable deposit for her,my dog is very clean and paper trained. I almost didn't stop at the Econo lodge due to the negative reviews but I'm glad I did. I will definitely stay there the next time I am in the area. The air condition was new and did a wonderful job. It takes a while to restore something that is run down but they are doing a great job,I guess it will be a while before they are completely thru, but at least they are trying.
They hadn't replaced the beds, but the linens were clean and the spreads and blankets new, the beds need to be replaced but they were no worse than some other hotels I have stayed in.

• Liked — The room was clean and very quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario
Reviewed April 27, 2007

I read the other reviews and couldn't agree more. In all my travels I have not felt the urge to write a review until now. This was the worst night I have ever spent in a hotel. The room was disgusting, there was an old broken chair in the corner with half the upolstery ripped off. The blinds didn't quite close all the way, so we could see out to the street from the bed. In the morning the continental breakfast consisted of about 4 sprinkled donuts, and a coffee machine. To top it all off we found a huge millipede running around in our bathroom sink. Needless to say we left, brushed our teeth at a rest station and waited until we got home to shower. I doubt I will ever stay at an Econo Lodge again.

• Liked — Close to the highway
  • Disliked — the room was disgusting
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamieSandy

Travelers are raving about these Sidney hotels

Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed April 8, 2005

If you look up the Econo lodge in Sidney online the hotel they show is NOT what it really looks like. The picture that was shown online was a part of the hotel that is no longer being used and looks like something from a scary movie! When opening the door to the room I about fell over from the horrific odor. It smelled like a unkept nursing home.. There was raw sewage coming out of one of the rooms outside. The bathroom was so nasty we didn't even take showers the next morning and chose to wait until we got home. We stayed here to basically sleep while driving home from vacation and wished we had simply driven all the way through.
Don't stay here. You will be sorry!

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank KimberlyGMI
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 20, 2004

Stayed in July, 2004. Rooms smelled terrible (like a dog kennel), moldy showers, slimy bathroom walls, peeling paint a hazard for little ones. No Pack-n-Play for babies (they offered an OLD, wooden crib that had lots of pinch-points, and was dirty). BUT - they use a very comfy mattress on their beds (Sealy Posturepedic). Relatives stayed across the road at the Holiday Inn and didn't have any complaints.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2004

It was dirty. The air conditioner didn't work very well. There is no pool. The staff didn't clean the room while we were gone for the day. They did not want to do anything about the problems. The rooms had an odor. The building has no ventilation.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Days Inn Sidney
Hampton Inn Sidney
Hampton Inn Sidney
#1 of 4 in Sidney
Red Roof Inn & Suites Piqua

Been to Motel 6 Sidney, OH? Share your experiences!