“Frozen in time...”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Sidney
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: The Spot Restaurant has been a fixture on Historic Courthouse Square in Downtown Sidney. We feature fresh ground burgers, made from scratch pies and hand breaded onion rings and pork tenderloins. W ether you dine in our retro dining room our pull up to one of our car hop served stations you will be transformed back to the 1950's Americana. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

OK...I was born and raised in this little town. From the time I was 4 years old (not saying how long ago that was...but believe me...more then a few decades ago..!) and my Great Aunt Alice would take me there to meet up with my other Aunts I felt right at home. Remembering the times my dad would bring home " a Spot burber( no...that is how I pronounced it...) when ever I was sick. Mustard and pickle only with a malted. To this day when I don't feel well I crave this morsel. I remember when it was all arranged differently inside AND the car hops outback. This was THE place that the teens of my day gathered after a date at the teen center. Sadly they are gone now and the interior is different. During a weekend I was home for the 45th Class reunion of the class of '67, my husband, brother and his wife joined us there for lunch. The pies are still good! (Pecan is the best!) ...the burber's (lol) tasty and oh, yes, the breaded pork tenderloins still available. My mom's favorite, as I remember was the shredded pork sandwich..with just a big ol' slice of onion and "extra broth, please". So little time and so little tummy room! Good food for a good price added with a dash of fond memories adds up to us always stopping in The Spot when we are in town.

1  Thank bfzebra

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Spot is one of those places that you will only find in a smaller town, and it's great. Not one bit fancy at all, but you'll get good diner food prepared the old fashioned diner way. If you're not a local, and trying it for the first time, stick with the tried & true staples... A Big Buy (or Super Big Buy), Chili, Onion Rings, and the cream or custard pie. Diner food at it's best!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

You place your order at the counter. When your order is up, your number is called; they call your name once they get to know you. Good diner food and service at affordable prices.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

food was great, love the home made pie. Great place . felt like a 50's diner. if i visit again, a must stop. i hear they have great breakfast.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

It was a 2 hour ride fo.r us on a nice fall day. The place was clean, really really cute and they had THE BEST CUSTARD PIE ever. My chicken sandwhich was ok - my husband had the double burger and he said it was really great. The fries were frozen but the onion rings appeared to be fresh made. I would surely go back.

1  Thank lange1

Been to Spot Restaurant? Share your experiences!