“Cool Place, but ...”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Sidney
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: The Spot Restaurant has been a fixture on Historic Courthouse Square in Downtown Sidney. We feature fresh ground burgers, made from scratch pies and hand breaded onion rings and pork tenderloins. W ether you dine in our retro dining room our pull up to one of our car hop served stations you will be transformed back to the 1950's Americana. We look forward to serving you!
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
“Cool Place, but ...”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were told we just had to go to "the SPOT" since it was an historic place, which is true and the decor is pretty cool, but the food was not fresh (lettuce [iceburg] was old and wilted with rust coloring) my turkey(bland-probably fake)club was missing the bacon and the chef gave it to me after my sandwich was more than half gone. The tomato was old. The bun was just white bread cheap bun, the wall was dirty with past sprays of who-knows-what; my impression was that who ever owns this place now is not doing much to keep it up. I just find grime gross and it is so disapointing to be served low quality food. If there has been 3 sitting presidents to stop at "The Spot", I am embarrassed for our nation to think this place worthy of our commander and chief. I did not have the pie. Maybe the pie is good. Clean it up get fresh food, then I'll go back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank AIJEB
SpotRest, Owner at Spot Restaurant, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I am very sorry that you had a poor experience here at the Spot Restaurant. I can assure you that we use the freshest ingredients on a daily basis. We hand slice our tomatoes and use a premium trukey breast. Sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes to notice items that need taken care of, and we will address your concerns internally. I invite you to try us again on your travels through the area.

Sidney, Ohio
“An American Classic”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great old fashioned burgers, fries, onion rings, malts and pies. Food is excellent and pies are in high demand during the holidays. I'm partial to the ham and swiss sandwich and old fashioned cream pie. Also provided excellent food for catered events.

• Visited May 2012
Leamington, Canada
“FUNKY DINER”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Really nothing outstanding. Stand in line to order. Pick up food orders served in plastic baskets. Noisy and crowded at lunch time. But WOW!!, the burgers are delicious. The slices of pie (many varieties) is $2.50 for a big hunk. Lots of nostalgia and brings one back to the 1960's. I wouldn't change a thing. We will be back.

• Visited May 2012
Celina, Ohio
“An Icon”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The Spot is a local icon. The food is always fresh and yummy, the atmosphere takes you back to a simplier time, and the pie is to die for!

Visited January 2012
Sidney, Ohio
“A traditional favorite...”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Famous for their pies, the spot is a great place to get a quick bite. Love their Big Buy burgers...... soft, fresh, perfect!