Sonesta ES Suites Cincinnati-Sharonville West
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stayed at this hotel while traveling and decided to take a day and go to Kings Island. My husband checked at the front desk about purchasing tickets for kings island and found that they sold them there for a discounted rate. At the same time he mentioned that we were going to KI because it was our daughters 12th birthday. When we arrived back to our room that evening we found a birthday surprise for my daughter which included a bag with a few small presents, hostess cupcakes and 2 cards made by the manager. (I believe her name was Kenya) It was a great surprise after a long day! she loved it! The little extra thought went a long way!! Thank You!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jody5

Reviewed July 19, 2009

Let me start with I got a good rate for this hotel on pricelline ($50.00), I will not priceline in this area again with fear of getting this hotel. The hotel is at the end of a dead end street right next to the interstate. The area did not feel safe and the traffic sounds made it hard to sleep. The front desk was staffed by two ladies. I asked for a room with two beds and even though it was already pointed out by the first lady that I booked my hotel on priceline she was going to try to accomodate my request,however the other lady working with her informed me that since I booked via Priceline I could not have more that one bed in the room unless i wanted to pay extra. I use Priceline often and this is the first time the staff at the hotel has made me feel not welcome because I booked the room on Priceline. The room appeared clean however the carpet was dirty. The beds are not comfortable and the room was very nosiy from other guest and the traffic out side. The pool was small. The breakfast was good, waffles, sausge patties and many other items

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank travelersfromIndy
Reviewed June 28, 2009

CHEERS:
1. Free breakfast food was very nice: scrambled eggs, country potatos, oatmeal, fresh made waffles...etc
2. Located next to everything! Didn't have to use the GPS the whole weekend.
3. Called front desk and said " Give us the number to the Donatos down the street." Without missing a beat she rattled it off.

JEERS
1. Breakfast is in the main gatehouse (lobby/check in) and is UPSTAIRS! You have to climb a flight of stairs to get there. If you are elderly or disabled...your out of luck. There is plenty of room downstairs for this meal. I am unsure why they opted to have it upstairs.

2. Breakfast was in a very small room with limited seating. It was quite crowded the day we were there. We opted to walk our food back to our room (which was a distance).

3. The wait for waffles was too long. They need to get two waffle makers at least.

4. The layout of our room was a joke. While the room was very spacious, the space was not used wisely. The living room was haphazardly done. The tv sat between the living room and your bed but facing neither. Just plain odd.

We wont be staying at this residence inn every. We will opt for a $20 upgrade at another Marriott location.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Well_Traveled_By_15
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I was in town for business. The front desk staff were very friendly. The pool looked great although I never used it. The breakfast looked good and was free. The apartment style of the room made my week long stay more pleasant. I was surprised by the full size kitchen. The room was comfortably decorated. The bed was comfortable. In general, the room was not very up to date. The hotel has a deal that guests can work out at a nearby club, which was old, but had everything you would need.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Shadow09Columbus
Reviewed May 22, 2009

We arrived very late due to a nasty misunderstanding with another property. We needed an accessible room with the bar on the right side of the toilet. A wonderful woman named Karen at the Drury Inn contacted your Inn and your security guard was sent to make sure the room fit our needs. Upon arrival the same security guard (I forgot to get her name because I was exhausted) helped us move our luggage into our room. Our stay was brief but I loved the room and its amenities.
If every inn gave such great service, I would enjoy traveling. Instead, I dread it because it is so hard to get a suitable handicap room. The Drury Inn admitted they didn't have the room we needed and helped us find you. The other property sent us to Drury after they told us they did not have any suitable rooms in spite of the fact that we had called the property directly and was assured that they had the necessary accommodation so it was guaranteed with our credit card. You would be amazed at the number of times this has happened to us.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank badluckwheelchair
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Pleasantly surprised - very clean and spacious room. Friendly staff, kids loved the pool. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 12, 2008

We booked the Residence Inn Sharonville to attend a family wedding in Cincinnati. We have a 2yo daughter and were primarily attracted to the RIS by its 2 bedroom apartment style rooms - we all get a good night sleep if our 2yo has her own room.

The hotel website is ambiguous about the room layout, so I called the hotel. The staff assured me that the 2 bedrooms were completely seperate from each other and the living area. So the plan was that after my daughter was down for the night, my wife and I could enjoy the living room and kitchen without fear of disturbing her sleep.

We arrived and the apartment was, contrary to what I had been told by staff, open plan (studio / loft) split level with 1 "room" on the mezzanine floor with the other "room" being a section of the living room seperated by a curtain. The flimsy lumpy pull out bed in the groundfloor "room" (another surprise) was a non-starter - I would have rather slept in the car.

I complained - the front office staff politely told me that all of the 2 BR Penthouse Suites had the same layout - she couldn't explain why I had been told differently over the phone.

So after putting my daughter down at 8pm, my wife and I crept around the room, got Deweys takeout for dinner, and watched the Olympics on closed captioning.

We had fun and made it work - you generally have to be in good humor to travel with a 2YO anyway, but had i known the apartment was just an oversized hotel room, i would have booked (and crept around in) a much cheaper alternative.

To add insult to injury, the furniture was very tired, the carpet was grimey and smelled of cigarette smoke from when the hotel allowed smoking, and we had an ant invasion (at least they crept around also). The free breakfast was unappealing.

I wouldnt go back - especially with a kid - thankfully there are plenty of cheaper alternatives out there.

Sean S., Washington DC

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SeanSNZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
#11 of 17 in Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Sharonville Convention Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Cincinnati-Sharonville West? Share your experiences!