My job takes me all over the country often staying 2 to 6 weeks in a motel. It takes a lot to impress me, but this place did just that - in spades!
The facility itself is fairly typical for many Residence Inns. A complex of several buildings, each building having, the best I can tell, 8 rooms. The layout and very nice landscaping gives it a resort feel. The rooms are roomy, with a nice sitting area and a full kitchen (full sized frig, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) stocked with cookware, dishes, etc. My room had a fireplace, others may have double sliding doors. This is a fairly typical design for Residence Inns. This hotel is obviously not new, but it is well maintained.
So far - nice, comfortable, clean - about what I'd expect from a Marriott property. Then we get to the staff and customer service... Wow!!! Shannon was at the front desk when I checked in. She was busy, but very pleasant. The type of person you'd like to get to know personally, a real sweetheart.
They serve a full breakfast buffet every morning - the menu was varied somewhat, but after 3 weeks it did get repetitive. There's only so much you can do with a breakfast buffet. The lady who tends to the buffet is April. She is the star of the show. Everyone in our group of about 30+ was treated like family by this gal. She knew my name (and it seemed everyone's who was staying at the property) the first day. Imagine how impressed and welcomed everyone feels when they are greeted by name every day at breakfast. She learned my eating preferences, and often would say something like "We're having sausage, egg and cheese biscuits this morning, but I made a couple without the sausage for you." Another time, when I told her that I'd be working late and wouldn't see her for the evening buffet, she made a plate from the evening menu and delivered it to my room. I've been to a lot of motels, but never had that kind of personal service. (April and I are now Facebook friends.)
I wasn't the only one. Another member of our group was chatting with Jennifer (I think) and mentioned to her that he had a hankering for a really good peach cobbler. That girl - on her day off!!! - made him a small peach cobbler and brought it in for him!
I used to think that the best customer service I ever had was at the Ritz Carlton chain - humph! They are taught to be polite there - here it is a real love for the people they serve. My hat is off to the management that finds these people and keeps them.
Speaking of management... On the next to last night here, the manager organized a going away party for our group, and personally grilled hamburgers, chicken breasts, hot dogs and wings for our group along with all the fixin's.
Bottom line - a very nice, comfortable property with world-class service tucked away in the suburbs of Cincinnati. If you're going to be in the area for more than just one night, you must, must, must stay here to experience the love.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A top hotel near Kings Island and TripAdvisor Award of Excellence winner, the all-suite Residence Inn Cincinnati North Sharonville hotel offers conveniences you expect like free Wi-Fi and those you don’t like free grocery shopping. Start the day with a complimentary breakfast and relax over a glass of wine at our free evening event, called the Residence Inn Mix, on a variety of weeknights. You’ll appreciate our expertly designed suites with 30 HD channels, full kitchens featuring stainless steel appliances, as well as living and sleeping area that are perfect for your extended stay. Catch a game just twenty minutes away at the Great American Ball Park or spend a few hours at the IKEA West Chester after you take care of business less than a mile away at the Sharonville Convention Center. Our Sharonville hotel provides easy freeway access which gives you the chance to explore downtown Cincinnati – just 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Marriott so you can book your Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville Ohio