I've stayed at this location several times - generally when in need of shelter after a minor catastrophe at home (flood, broken furnace, etc.). The last time (before this stay) our family sought out emergency placement here I was pretty much set on the idea that it would be our last. We ran into quite a few "questionable guests" both on the grounds and in the dining areas; it gave the impression of being a drop-in site more so than a moderately-high priced hotel ($140 per night). Late into the night (we had to go to work/school the next morning) we were disturbed by slamming doors and conversations being held outside. Furthermore, we were awakened at 5:00am by the high-pitched siren on the garbage trucks as they emptied the dumpster located next to the building in which we were staying. Definitely not a comfortable stay!
However, recently after another need for a short stay away from home, and with a Marriott discount, we decided to give this location another try mostly due to the accessiblity to inter-states 75 & 275 (work & school travel) and home-like facilities (kitchen, laundry, etc.). Front desk personnel was very welcoming and after discovering our situation arranged for a unit that would be more comfortable for our family of four. Instead of putting us in the penthouse set up we were familiar with, she suggested a two-bedroom, two level set up that had a first level wall-enclosed bedroom instead of simply a privacy curtain. Additionally, the unit was located in a building on the edge of the property. At first the fact that the building was in the very back was a security concern to us, however, after seeing the unit and spending one night in sublime quiet, we were thanking her for the placement!
The evening "light fare" that is served Mon-Wed was enough to serve as a meal and the staff that worked the area is very friendly and helpful, providing take-out containers or wrap when food was taken out and keeping a close eye on items that were running low. The hot breakfast was great, and this was the first time I have seen a hotel's morning options include french toast. Although the various members of management we encountered were professional and accommodating, a stand-out staff member was Jennifer, who worked breakfast hours and started our (very early) days with a bright smile and a demeanor that made the inconvenience of being displaced a lot easier. Finally, we were extremely pleased with the housekeeping services. Since we left very early in the mornings, the kids did not have much time to pick up after themselves, yet we returned to a spotless unit with folded pajamas and neatly placed shoes; they even loaded and ran the dishwasher. It left me wishing I had a full-time housekeeper at home!
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville won me back with this stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A top hotel near Kings Island and TripAdvisor Award of Excellence winner, the all-suite Residence Inn Cincinnati North Sharonville hotel offers conveniences you expect like free Wi-Fi and those you don’t like free grocery shopping. Start the day with a complimentary breakfast and relax over a glass of wine at our free evening event, called the Residence Inn Mix, on a variety of weeknights. You’ll appreciate our expertly designed suites with 30 HD channels, full kitchens featuring stainless steel appliances, as well as living and sleeping area that are perfect for your extended stay. Catch a game just twenty minutes away at the Great American Ball Park or spend a few hours at the IKEA West Chester after you take care of business less than a mile away at the Sharonville Convention Center. Our Sharonville hotel provides easy freeway access which gives you the chance to explore downtown Cincinnati – just 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cincinnati North / Sharonville Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville Ohio