“Can't wait to come back”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Naperville, United States
“Can't wait to come back”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The rooms were very clean and spacious. Beds were extremely comfortable. The air conditioning worked very well. Staff was helpful and friendly. It was convenient for our plans (and Kings Island). Can't wait to go back when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We visited the Doubletree Blue Ash while on a family trip to Kings Island. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and the location was convenient; about 20 minutes to Kings Island. While the suite was a little on the small side compared to other suites we've stayed in, it was clean and offered all the amenities we needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

pleasant view, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

awful place to stay. would not recommend this to anyone unless you like rudeness. The staff there are not friendly and are rude. Not very accommodating and quality of food is poor. Did not run into one friendly staff there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Christy, I was very concerned when I read your review of our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us.
We have been in the top 10% of the DoubleTree Brand for customer satisfaction for the last 5 years in a row, and it is something that we take very seriously. To hear that you felt that our staff was rude is very disappointing. Additionally, our restaurant The Bistro has won awards for the last five years for our entrees, desserts, and appetizers. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy it.
I would welcome any specific feedback that you could give us, so that we may address the issues you had, and re-train any of our associates if needed. We always welcome comments, whether positive or negative, so that we may improve our operation and give our guests the best experience possible.
My name is David, and I am the General Manager. Feel free to call me at the hotel (513-489-3636) so we can make this right for you. Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.
Akron, OH, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and was very satisfied. Good fitness center, friendly, helpful staff. Our room was by the highway, but was so quiet, I couldn't believe it! Recommended property from a Hilton Diamond member.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Kalamazoo, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very nice hotel, the roads are a little complicated when arriving the first time. Otherwise a good place to visit. The breakfast was well stocked, and the room was very quite. The staff was helpful and worked hard to fulfill my requests. The only drawback was a lack of soap in the 1/2 bathroom, and this was corrected after talking to the desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I would say this hotel is better for business travelers due to the availability of conference rooms. Tripadvisor is always spot on with reviews, but this hotel was really not that good considering it was rated so highly. We have also stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Blue Ash and the Residence Inn West Chester. Both of these hotels are better than this Doubletree in my opinion.

I have a family of 4, 2 children under 6 years old. There were a few things that make this hotel not the greatest for my family.

1. When I checked in I asked for vouchers for breakfast since I am a HHonors Gold. I was told that I was signed up to receive bonus points instead of breakfast and I couldn't change it for this reservation. This was at checkin when I asked and was still denied. I have done this one other time at a Hilton Garden Inn and had no issues changing. I don't care about the points, but free breakfast with a family is important especially when the breakfast costs over $12.

2. Not really family issue, but just FYI. I have stayed at Hamptons, HG Inns, Residence Inns, etc and most provide coffee/tea all day. I woke up, got the kids ready and went downstairs at 935 and the coffee and tea were gone. Again, I was up since 7, but didn't really think the coffee and tea would be gone.

3. The hotel was clean and the layout provided just enough space for our family, however, the door separating the bedroom and the living area was just a folding door with slots in it. It wasn't sound proof at all. Also, there is not a full kitchen in here unlike a similar room at Residence Inn. Not a big deal to some, but the large fridge and dishwasher in the Residence Inn sure helped out.

This may be a more attractive for business travelers, but not as accommodating for families in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Not bad. Except for the super thick carpet and the bistro which I wouldn't recommend, the hotel as such is a good deal. The rooms are great and fairly quiet. Amenities are numerous and the hotel has an easy access.
Most of all, service is really great. Very helpful staff. What is more, the place is green, which is relaxing.
I accidentally parked once on the very american "worker of the month" parking lot but no one bothered me for this..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash? Share your experiences!