“Great for the tired traveler”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great location from airport. Clean rooms. Perfect AC. Good but limited breakfast menu. Enjoyed the one night.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is a great hotel. 5 stars for sure to every single employee I interacted with in the 2 days of my stay. I would definitely call this a business hotel. Some hotels like this treat you badly when you arrive with a bunch of kids. I never once got that feeling from any of the employees. The decor is classy and welcoming. The outdoor pool was a huge hit with my kids. There were a few little details I thought could have been done better. The hallways are really dark. There is no free breakfast which I knew, but aside from the expensive restaurant in the hotel, there aren't any restaurants nearby, which was inconvenient. I thought there would be an actual door separating the living and sleeping areas, but it was more of a levered partition, not allowing for much privacy. My biggest problem was the laundry room. For such a beautiful, classy hotel the laundry room was smelly, dark and dirty with one washer and dryer that were probably 20 years old. That room could use a big facelift. Aside from these few things, I loved this hotel, especially the staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel if none of the little imperfections mean that much to you....by the way, if you do order breakfast, the French toast was amazing!

1  Thank Tracey D
Reviewed June 26, 2012

It was a nice hotel and a nice stay. The most memorable folks were the breakfast hostess and the maintenance guy. I never got their names. Both VERY outgoing and friendly. The fact that the 3 previous reviews mention Gabe is a little weird and suspect. No idea who Gabe is.

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Hi Tom! Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay at our property. It is great to hear that some of our staff members were "memorable" and added to your experience. As for Gabe...he is one of the associates that work at our Front Desk. Gabe was our hotel's "Associate of the Year" in 2011, and recieves many guest comment cards and letters about his customer service. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The family and I went to Kings Island and decided to stay at the Double Tree in Blue Ash and what a treat we received. From the check in to check out, these professionals made our stay absolutely great!! Gabe checked us and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. He was eager and detailed Our room was cool, clean and inviting. Also, who can resist the warm cookies at check in. Another thing that impressed me was Hank and the maintenance department. He introduced himself without prompting and offered their full service if we needed anything. It's nice not to have to hunt personnel down but have them come to you. GREAT HOTEL and STAFF!!! well will definitely be returning to this location and recommend it to anyone coming this way!!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I went to Cincinnati, OH to visit family. I read reviews about everything and I read reviews about the Doubletree, so we decided to give it a try. When we walked in, we weren't disappointed. In the lobby, they a have a beautiful macaw named Georgia. When we got to the front desk, we were greeted by Gabe. I asked about things to do in the area and he knew about it all. He talked to us like he knew us for years. He was very kind and helpful. Not once did the smile leave his face. The room was very clean and comfortable. We later remembered that Gabe had recommended the Bistro, a restaurant located in the lobby. So we headed downstairs and I ordered the catch of the day. Our meal was superb. The restaurant was elegant and romantic. ALL of the Doubletree staff was warm and inviting, especially Gabe. We will definitely be going back.... Oh yeah, don't forget about the warm Doubletree cookie, presented at check in!!! Happy Travels.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear FlowerPower76, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree. I am particularly pleased that you decided to try The Bistro for dinner. Our Chef has won the local "Taste of Blue Ash" four years in a row with his crab cake, spice rubbed salmon salad and, of course, our signature steaks. I will be sure to recognize Gabe for his impact on your stay as well. Asscoaites like Gabe are the reason that we have been in the top 10% of the Brand for customer satisfaction the last four years in a row. We hope you will stay with us again while visiting the city.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Gabe goes that extra mile to assure that I have a positive experience on my stays at Double tree in Cincinnati - Blue Ash. This Spring, after the funeral of my significant other, the kindness extended to me by Gabe upon my arrival will always be remembered by this elderly traveler. His professionalism and people skills exemplfies why it is such a pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: Being elderly, I like a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2012

After a 9 hour drive to Cincinnati, we were pleasantly surprised by the fantastic hospitality at the Doubletree Blue Ash.

Gabe at the front desk was extremely efficient and professional checking us in and making sure that the other members of my family arriving later were reserved in rooms close by. He made sure to remember all of our names and called us by name each day of our stay.

The level of service by Gabe and all the employees is more in keeping with luxury hotels at 3 times the price.

The room was very clean and spacious, giving the three of us plenty of room. The continental breakfast was very good with a variety of fresh fruit, pastries, and cereal--not your typical continental!

This is by far one of the best managed hotels I have ever stayed at and will definately return when in Cincinnati.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Hello trey703. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of our hotel! It is especially great to hear how Gabe treated you like part of our family. I will be sure to recognize Gabe at our next DoubleTree Town Hall meeting, in front of his fellow associates. Team members like Gabe are what enable us to provide "service that rivals hotels at 3 times the price." Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash
Hampton Inn Blue Ash/Cincinnati
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Mason

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash? Share your experiences!