“Service that rivals hotels at 3 times the price” 5 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leesburg, Virginia
“Service that rivals hotels at 3 times the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

After a 9 hour drive to Cincinnati, we were pleasantly surprised by the fantastic hospitality at the Doubletree Blue Ash.

Gabe at the front desk was extremely efficient and professional checking us in and making sure that the other members of my family arriving later were reserved in rooms close by. He made sure to remember all of our names and called us by name each day of our stay.

The level of service by Gabe and all the employees is more in keeping with luxury hotels at 3 times the price.

The room was very clean and spacious, giving the three of us plenty of room. The continental breakfast was very good with a variety of fresh fruit, pastries, and cereal--not your typical continental!

This is by far one of the best managed hotels I have ever stayed at and will definately return when in Cincinnati.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Hello trey703. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of our hotel! It is especially great to hear how Gabe treated you like part of our family. I will be sure to recognize Gabe at our next DoubleTree Town Hall meeting, in front of his fellow associates. Team members like Gabe are what enable us to provide "service that rivals hotels at 3 times the price." Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I chose this hotel for a change, partly in response to Trip Advisor reviews. In the past, I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn when visiting this area. I was a little disappointed with the change although I must say that aspects of this experience were positive. In particular, I thought the staff were great. I mostly had interaction with Reception staff and they were always very positive, helpful and friendly. Due to the occupancy levels, the bar area at night was fun and interesting, unlike my experiences with the Garden Inn property where the social dimension of a stay is missing, it has always seemd very quiet; I know this will be a positive for many. Overall in my view, the physical aspects of this property were inferior to the Garden Inn; the latter seems lighter, goodr rooms and a more pleasant place to stay. Perhaps on balance, with location a neutral, it might be a trade off between a very good people dimension versus a nicer property.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the property will require a long walk to the public areas.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It was disappointing to hear that your experience was "mixed." Although, I am glad to hear that the "staff were great" and that you enjoyed our Lounge so much. We are making improvments to the property all the time. Having recently put 2 new HD TVs in each suite, and replacing the bedding, we are now working on other projects. The meeting space, corridors, front desk and business center will all be re-done this year. Also, there are several improvements to the guest room that will be completed in the year like new desk chairs, digital thermostats, and lighting upgrades. 2013 & 2014 also have significant upgrades scheduled. Thank you for staying with us, we would love the opportunity to host you again.
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We took our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter to Cincinnati so my husbands parents could meet their new GREAT granddaughter. It was a wonderful trip and the Doubletree Suites was super! The rooms were a great size for all the baby gear we took and even though their appeared to be several small sports teams at the hotel, it was very quiet. The breakfast area was nice, the food was very good and it was so handy to have it right there in the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will definitely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Hello Leslie. The staff and I are so pleased to hear how "super" your family's stay with us was. I am glad that the size of the room fit your needs, a two room suite does come in handy when you are traveling with extra gear. It's also great to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant. Our Chef has won the local "Taste of Blue Ash" for the last four years in a row. If you didn't get to try our signature steak, it's certainly worth a trip back! Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you and your family again in the future.
WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The lady that was at the front desk (5/25/12 8pm) when I checked-in was fantastic....so friendly. What was even better, I may have been in the lobby 5 minutes, from the time I walked in the front door, checked-in and then walked out the door. Our room was very spacious, very clean and had two TV's. (great for watching ESPN and Disney!!!) We didn't use the pool but walked to the courtyard where it was located. It was a nice area. We received coupons for a free continental breakfast, we were with a basketball team. You could upgrade to the hot breakfast bar for $5.95. We did that the first morning but didn't the second morning, really didn't think it was worth it...my children said it wasn't as good as the breakfast I fix for them. : ) There were a lot of young people there for basketball tournaments, the hotel did have a youth curfew, my husband said he heard noise late, but I slept just fine!
We had a great stay at the Doubletree and would stay there again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your experience. We are pleased to hear that you and your family had such a "great stay" with us. Our two room suites are ideal for a family traveling during the summer, and the two HD TVs are a recent addition to out property. Thank you for staying with us, we'll see you next time!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

My 19 year old daughter and I went to Kings Island last weekend and wanted a nice place to stay within a few miles of the park. I was very impressed with this hotel. The hotel is very easy to find. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised with the very welcoming staff at the front desk. We were served warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrrival. We had a King Suite with a balcony that was just over the pool. Very nice room and relaxing to sit on the balcony over the pool area. The bed was increadibly comfortable. We ordered room service breakfast - it was very good and reasonably priced. I have already recommended this hotel to another family for their Kings Island trip. Oh, another note....they have microwaves and small refrigerators in the room which is always great when you have kids with you.

Room Tip: Room 232 - King Suite - Great View:)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Hi Jill. Nothing like a mom/daughter getaway! We are very pleased to hear how much you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. Our two room suites make family trips much more comfortable than being in a standard hotel room, and you're right, the microwave and fridge are a great amenity for our travelers. Thank you for recommending us to your friends, we will have a warm cookie and friendly staff waiting for them. Thanks for choosing our hotel, we hope to see you on the next "getaway."
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

One test I ask myself after staying at a hotel property is "Could I recommend this hotel to a coworker?"

I could not. I'm a bit surprised by the relatively high Tripadvisor rating, as I feel that I am very rarely steering wrong by the collective wisdom of my fellow travelers.

This hotel is just feet from the highway and some rooms may be loud (mine was fine). Nothing is walkable from the property, but it is centrally located.

No wait at check-in, and got a warm cookie with my room key. I was asked if I needed Wi-Fi instead of just being given the code, even though my reserved room type included it.

While the suites are larger than a typical room at Hyatt Place or a standard hotel, they are dated. I found the room to be acceptably clean but lacking otherwise.

My room appeared to have new carpet and did have two flat screen TV's. The remote controls worked poorly and required laser-like precision to perform a function. Both clocks in the room had the wrong time by several hours. In the bathrooms my shower hardware was new but was broken and would only run water to the tub. The tile and grout in the bathroom was still old, and standing space outside the shower was very tight.

Elsewhere in the room there was a lack of power outlets (one on a lamp base on the desk, but everything else outside the bathroom is fully hidden behind the couch). A/C blower was strong and seem to be pointed down directly on the bed. Drapes are cut (or hung) the wrong length and trail onto the floor. At 5:30 AM my room (146) smelled like several pounds of bacon was being cooked, not pleasant.

I had a nonsmoking room, but I could smell smoke in the corridors. During my visit the pool was closed, and the leaves, landscaping, etc in the area hadn't been swept. Windows were dirty.

Only the bar in the restaurant people seated at it when I was in there twice, and was dark and quiet.

Morning room service was given a specific time, and did call before arriving about 10 minutes late but was polite and professional.

I will probably seek out other area hotels future visits to this area.

Room Tip: The hotel is shaped like a "U". Ask for a room that looks onto the pool to avoid road nois...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear guest, I am sorry to hear your opinon of the hotel was "below average." Although, I was glad to hear that your room was quiet, your check-in went smoothly, and that you found the staff "polite and professional."
We certainly pride ourselves on our customer service, and are currently ranked in the top ten for guest satisfaction. Your experience is certainly not what we are used to our guests expressing, as evidenced by our other reviews.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us once again, perhaps we can exceed your expectations during your next visit. We will certianly take a look at the A/C vents and clocks in your room. Thank you for your feedback.
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Excellent Service, allowed my family a very early check-in as we arrived early after a 9-hr drive.
Amazing staff! Very comfortable beds! Really nice layout in suite!
Would definitely reccommed it! I was very impressed at the easy and quick access into the rooms from the parking lot which was always available.
Enjoyed my stay quite alot!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review Renee. I am glad to hear that we were able to accomodate your "very early" check-in. As a father, I know what those drives can be like...Nice to hear you liked the beds, we just put in all new ones less than a year ago. I will share with the staff how much you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon. Have a great summer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - Northeast (Blue Ash)
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati/Blue Ash
Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash? Share your experiences!