DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash
The Blu Hotel(Blue Ash)
  • Free Internet
Rodeway Inn(Sharonville)
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treecookiesrestaurant staffconference roombreakfast buffetsoccer tournamentpull out couchking suiteexcellent stayexcellent hotelliving roomthird floorbit datedbusiness tripgreat roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The lady that was at the front desk (5/25/12 8pm) when I checked-in was fantastic....so friendly. What was even better, I may have been in the lobby 5 minutes, from the time I walked in the front door, checked-in and then walked out the door. Our room was very spacious, very clean and had two TV's. (great for watching ESPN and Disney!!!) We didn't use the pool but walked to the courtyard where it was located. It was a nice area. We received coupons for a free continental breakfast, we were with a basketball team. You could upgrade to the hot breakfast bar for $5.95. We did that the first morning but didn't the second morning, really didn't think it was worth it...my children said it wasn't as good as the breakfast I fix for them. : ) There were a lot of young people there for basketball tournaments, the hotel did have a youth curfew, my husband said he heard noise late, but I slept just fine!
We had a great stay at the Doubletree and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear guest, Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your experience. We are pleased to hear that you and your family had such a "great stay" with us. Our two room suites are ideal for a family traveling during the summer, and the two HD TVs are a recent addition to out property. Thank you for staying with us, we'll see you next time!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

My 19 year old daughter and I went to Kings Island last weekend and wanted a nice place to stay within a few miles of the park. I was very impressed with this hotel. The hotel is very easy to find. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised with the very welcoming staff at the front desk. We were served warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrrival. We had a King Suite with a balcony that was just over the pool. Very nice room and relaxing to sit on the balcony over the pool area. The bed was increadibly comfortable. We ordered room service breakfast - it was very good and reasonably priced. I have already recommended this hotel to another family for their Kings Island trip. Oh, another note....they have microwaves and small refrigerators in the room which is always great when you have kids with you.

Room Tip: Room 232 - King Suite - Great View:)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Hi Jill. Nothing like a mom/daughter getaway! We are very pleased to hear how much you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. Our two room suites make family trips much more comfortable than being in a standard hotel room, and you're right, the microwave and fridge are a great amenity for our travelers. Thank you for recommending us to your friends, we will have a warm cookie and friendly staff waiting for them. Thanks for choosing our hotel, we hope to see you on the next "getaway."

Reviewed May 15, 2012

One test I ask myself after staying at a hotel property is "Could I recommend this hotel to a coworker?"

I could not. I'm a bit surprised by the relatively high Tripadvisor rating, as I feel that I am very rarely steering wrong by the collective wisdom of my fellow travelers.

This hotel is just feet from the highway and some rooms may be loud (mine was fine). Nothing is walkable from the property, but it is centrally located.

No wait at check-in, and got a warm cookie with my room key. I was asked if I needed Wi-Fi instead of just being given the code, even though my reserved room type included it.

While the suites are larger than a typical room at Hyatt Place or a standard hotel, they are dated. I found the room to be acceptably clean but lacking otherwise.

My room appeared to have new carpet and did have two flat screen TV's. The remote controls worked poorly and required laser-like precision to perform a function. Both clocks in the room had the wrong time by several hours. In the bathrooms my shower hardware was new but was broken and would only run water to the tub. The tile and grout in the bathroom was still old, and standing space outside the shower was very tight.

Elsewhere in the room there was a lack of power outlets (one on a lamp base on the desk, but everything else outside the bathroom is fully hidden behind the couch). A/C blower was strong and seem to be pointed down directly on the bed. Drapes are cut (or hung) the wrong length and trail onto the floor. At 5:30 AM my room (146) smelled like several pounds of bacon was being cooked, not pleasant.

I had a nonsmoking room, but I could smell smoke in the corridors. During my visit the pool was closed, and the leaves, landscaping, etc in the area hadn't been swept. Windows were dirty.

Only the bar in the restaurant people seated at it when I was in there twice, and was dark and quiet.

Morning room service was given a specific time, and did call before arriving about 10 minutes late but was polite and professional.

I will probably seek out other area hotels future visits to this area.

Room Tip: The hotel is shaped like a "U". Ask for a room that looks onto the pool to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear guest, I am sorry to hear your opinon of the hotel was "below average." Although, I was glad to hear that your room was quiet, your check-in went smoothly, and that you found the staff "polite and professional."
We certainly pride ourselves on our customer service, and are currently ranked in the top ten for guest satisfaction. Your experience is certainly not what we are used to our guests expressing, as evidenced by our other reviews.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us once again, perhaps we can exceed your expectations during your next visit. We will certianly take a look at the A/C vents and clocks in your room. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Excellent Service, allowed my family a very early check-in as we arrived early after a 9-hr drive.
Amazing staff! Very comfortable beds! Really nice layout in suite!
Would definitely reccommed it! I was very impressed at the easy and quick access into the rooms from the parking lot which was always available.
Enjoyed my stay quite alot!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post your review Renee. I am glad to hear that we were able to accomodate your "very early" check-in. As a father, I know what those drives can be like...Nice to hear you liked the beds, we just put in all new ones less than a year ago. I will share with the staff how much you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon. Have a great summer!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Awesome customer service, friendly and attentive staff. Clean & comfortable accommodations. I had come here at one point for a seminar and what drew me to want to come back is the friendliness of the hotel employees! And once I was an actual guest, my feelings were reinforced tenfold! Thank you for the experience Double Tree!

Room Tip: King suite with balcony is a nice choice. I love the way that they break the room up into 2. Gives you a feeling of being home in an a nice upscale hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
GMdoubletreeCVG, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Hello Luvsupreme. It's great to hear you remark on the "friendliness" of our employees, we take great pride in our award winning customer service team. Hope you had a chance to dine in The Bistro, our Chef has won the "Taste of Blue Ash" four years in a row! Please come back soon, we promise to take great care of you again.