“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Carmel, Indiana
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

I decided last minute to stay in Cincinnati after taking my 8yo to Kings Island for the day. We looked at several hotels but they were either booked, too expensive or too trashy. I had a migraine so I just had to bite the bullet and try one more place. We cam upon the La Quinta, it looked too nice but we went in and with my AAA it was 99 for the night, more than I wanted to pay but worth it. There was a beautiful lobby area with marble tile leading us to the elevators. The pool was closed since we got there late but it looked nice as well. The room was very comfortable and quiet. Absolutely no view but a gravel roof but who cared it was dark and I had a migraine! LOL Slept through the breakfast so can't comment there but I would stay here again although it's a bit farther than I'd like to stay from Kings Island.

• Liked — The clean room
  • Disliked — The pool being closed-although it was late
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Louisville, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

This hotel is located next to the interstate in the industrial part of town. There are plenty of chain restaurants within minutes of the hotel, including a Cracker Barrel & Bob Evans. No late night food, you'll have about a 12 minute drive to get to that. Hotel was clean, modern, and well kept. My room was spacious and the bed was hard but comforatble. Fridge and microwave in room, and strong wi-fi signal. I didn't hear my neighbors, so I guess it's well insulated (thank goodness). Not much in the way of amenities, no conditioner or lotion, just very cheap shampoo and basic bar soap. Mini-pantry in the lobby with limited selection of sodas, microwave dinners, candy bars, and chips. Didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked nice. Would return if I could get the discounted rate I got, but would not stay at their standard rack rate ($100+/night). Staff was a knowledable of the area.

• Liked — Clean, well kept, modern.
  • Disliked — Price and lack of bathroom amenities.
  • Stayed June 2008
Columbus, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2007

It provided decent value for the money. Nothing exceptional and nothing lacking. My room had both a microwave and refrigerator. I was a little disappointed in the breakfast buffet selections but satisfied with what I had. They advertise on their website that guests can use a local tennis club free. When I went to the club, they wanted to charge me for using their courts. I believe the rest of the club was free but they wouldn't let me use the courts free. I didn't push the issue since available court times did not work for my schedule.

Stayed November 2007
Mansfield, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2007

We needed a hotel after a late night in the area and booked a good rate via the phone using our entertainment card. Hotel was your average hotel. Hallways actually were updated and bright - nothing to hide here. The room was comfortable. Indoor pool available with late hours, but we did not use it. Breakfast buffet available, but closed before we were up on the weekend. Walls seemed a little thin. We heard the conversations of those next door. Someone blarred music until the wee hours of the morning. We didn't complain though and no one stopped it. Only negative was bathroom hair dryer was filthy - sticky actually - and didn't work. Price was right though and we'd stay again if we could get that rate.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty hair dryer in bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Park Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2007

I stayed at the LA Quinta for a work trip. The pool looked nice, but unfortunately, no time for it! I had a king room which featured a pullout chairbed, armchair, desk, wifi, frig, microwave and coffee pot. The hotel is obviously older but appeared to be well maintained. The staff was pleasant during every interaction. They also had an extensive continental breakfast with fresh fruit, instant oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels, toast, pastries and even biscuits and gravy. We did get a discounted rate through my employers travel agency but the regular prices even seem reasonable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable!
  • Disliked — Toiletries could have been nicer.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank leo21
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2006

The management at this location apparently cares very little for taking control of rowdy guests.

When we returned to the hotel at about 11:30 pm, a “sweet 16” party was occurring in one of the first-floor conference rooms. Kids filled the halls and the elevators. There were young people talking in the halls and banging on doors into the early morning hours. Management said the police were called a couple of times to get rid of the louder kids, but nothing seemed to help.

As for the room, there were a few minor improvements that would have helped. The air conditioner ran at odd intervals, and there was no way to make the fan run without the a/c compressor cycling. Also, the hallway had alternating smells ranging from body odor to wet clothing or worse.

The free breakfast is not that special. The fruit tasted off, and the bread was very hard. The coffee creamer needed to remain cool, but it was sitting out and was at room temperature by 7:30 am.

And you must also consider where your room is located. One side the hotel gets full morning sun; the other side faces I-75, and road noise is constant.

I would most likely not stay at this property again.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank Openemail
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2006

A good hotel, even though it was slightly pricey for the location. The indoor pool & hottub was great for the kids- clean water, but surrounding patio had little chunks of hair here & there. My main complaint was that despite a confirmation on the phone for early check in, our room was still not ready at 2PM and they had no record of our request. THey did not compensate us for the mix-up either. Despite that, the room was very clean and comfortable.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 17 in Sharonville
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Sharonville

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville? Share your experiences!