“Very Noisy Maintenance til 8PM. Check in gave me wrong room on the 12th floor”

Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I checked in at 5:30 PM was told I was on the fifth floor. but paper folder said 12th I went with the folder. went all the way up to that floor with my luggage and of course it didn't work. Called on my Cell phone and was told with some Sarcasm my room . Got to my room and was rattled by what sounded like some type of drilling/ sawing . 10 min later I was ratted again . I called down and was put on hold so they could find out when maintenance would be done. I hung up after w few min.
10 min later I was rattled again. I called down and was told they would be done in 15 MIn. 10 min later I get a knock on the door with some guy yelling Maintenance. I in formed management about my experience It was obvious she was under the weather .

Room Tip: The Hotel has over 260 rooms . They fill the rooms to make it easy for house keeping to clean them...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Holly H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Rivon,

I apologize for the issues you faced during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We have noted your concerns and we will use these as tools to improve on our service so that in the future you can experience a great stay.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friend and I booked this room for the first night of our yearly shopping trip.The hotel is easy to get to, check in was a breeze, the actual room was clean and very comfortable -a wide variety of pillows to choose from, which is always nice. The next morning my friend took a shower and the tub wouldn't drain, I called the front desk and they immediately sent someone up with a key to the room next door for me to shower in, which was helpful as we didn't have to hang out in our hotel room watching the maintenance man try to fix the drain and waiting, we were able to leave on time. A nice hotel stay overall!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear JessicaHarkless1,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly, helpful, and quick to get your drain problem fixed for you. We hope to see you on your next annual shopping trip!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Okay I am late in positing this review; I stayed here in August 2012 for seven days during the Western and Southern Open (tennis tournament). I booked the room though Priceline and got a very good rate. The room was very modern and clean. The bed was super comfy. The staff was also very friendly and accommodating.

I did not use the pool or other facilities. The hotel I stayed at for this year's tournament was not even close to being as nice as the Holiday Inn was. I will likely return to the Holiday Inn in 2014.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear aami056 ,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in 2014 for the Western and Southern Open and hope you find your stay to be as enjoyable as it was in 2012!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I got our reservation for this hotel on another website where you can name your own price, so I got a really good deal.

The room was clean. The room amenities were about average. The staff we interacted with were all friendly and helpful. Overall I was happy with our stay.

In addition to this stay, we had a birthday party for my daughter at this hotel in 2005. We reserved a meeting space on the top floor, which was very nice, and we were able to use the pool. They have a pretty nice pool. It's not that big and it's a little weird because it kind of feels like you're in some exhibit at the zoo (glass on all sides with the pool in the middle). However, the pool is clean and well maintained and there were plenty of towels. Obviously 2005 is a long time ago, but the hotel is still very nice.

The restaurant in the hotel is Max N Erma's, which is nice because it's a restaurant on it's own, so doesn't fall prey to some of the problems you can have with other hotel restaurants where the food is bad and overpriced. I'm not sure if they do room service, but the food is good and the atmosphere in the bar area was fun.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We took out family to Cincinnati for the weekend. The positive to this hotel was the location. It was about in the middle of the zoo & kings island & it had a max n ermas connected. The negative was the pool was small for the amount of people staying at the hotel. Overall this hotel was ok

• Stayed: October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear meakc,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The staff is very friendly and responsive. The facility is nice considering its age and is very clean. The beds are extremely comfortable and the refridgerator is large enough to fit a small cooler. The internet was an issue as I could not keep connected on the first night of my stay. Some of the past amenities have been discontinued which is always frustrating to a repeat guest.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennis F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Dennis F,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We are delighted to read you liked your room accommodations and friendly staff. I apologize if some aspects of the hotel amenities and facilities prevented you from fully enjoying you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this is the best resource for improving guest services.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place went above and beyond . , any complaint I had they addressed immediatly . The beds were like being cuddled in comfort. The staff were so nice and awesome . cant say enough about these people and this hotel

Room Tip: Mention u want one on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff C
Holly H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear woodslasher,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and service we were able to provide to you. This is what we strive for every time a guest stays with us. I have made sure to share your review with our staff and we will continue to make our guests' experience one to remember. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Ramada Plaza Cincinnati Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 17 in Sharonville

Been to Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!