“Location/Price are OK, but the service is bad!”

Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Location/Price are OK, but the service is bad!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, the location and price are OK. I was there during the Cincinnati open, so possibly paid slightly higher than what it is worth usually.

Everything about the place is OK, except that the service. I stayed for about 5 days, room service was always done only after repeated reminders to the front desk. Sometimes the service was not complete too. Pathetic!!!

I would not recommend this place. You can try out the Hyatt and Courtyard Marriot in BlueAsh just one exit away from this place.

1 Thank csrikanth1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear csrikanth1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our room service staff which was unacceptable. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I booked this property through Priceline two hours before check in and was able to get a nice hotel room at a very reasonable price. They were able to accommodate for 2 double beds, as I had my wife and daughter along. Nice indoor and outdoor pools, very clean, despite the property being older. The desk staff was extremely accommodating and helpful.

There are many other properties I would prefer to stay at in the area, you don't always get a choice if you bid on a hotel. I'd say the star rating is a little high for this hotel due to its age, however it makes up for it having clean rooms at a fair price and attentive desk staff. There is a restaurant right next door, and lots of others a short drive away.

1 Thank Tallyho078
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Good value
Breakfast at Max and Erma's attached to hotel
Good service
Decent hotel for the price
Quiet room
No issues with this location
Work out room was hot , but they had a portable ac unit installed to help

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We found this hotel on a sight and decided to call to see if they had any vacancies. A lot of hotels in the area were booked and we had been driving for hours and wanted a nice, clean room. There were some negative reviews on this hotel but decided to give it a try since we had stayed in a Holiday Inn before and it was late and we wanted to get some rest.
As we pulled in, we noticed a Max & Erma's restaurant attached to the hotel. We ate right before and wished we had known about it before we got there.
We got a room with a king size bed. We were a little leery from some if the reviews but were relieved when we walked into the room. We noticed a 32" HDTV, mini refrigerator and microwave, a nice lounge chair, and the room was clean. The bathroom was very clean with a big countertop beside the sink to put our things. Loved the big shower head and the water pressure. We just wished they had a fan in the bathroom. There was a full length mirror right beside the bathroom which I liked. The bed was made perfectly and had the pillows had a pretty tag marked soft and firm.
After hours of driving, we were glad we had found a comfortable, clean room to stay in and also liked that we could sleep in since checkout was at noon.
Overall, we were happy with our choice to stay there and we will stay at a Holuday Inn again

• Stayed August 2012
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here for one night and I was happy with the hotel. It's an older property, but renovated, clean, and well-maintained. The front desk staff was great as well, and I felt welcome. Even the breakfast at the attached restaurant was quality.

The hotel has a very large parking lot, so it was easy to park my 42' truck.

The bad news was that I was bitten by a bed bug. It was only one, and I managed to catch it live, but it freaked me out. The hotel quickly moved me to another room and took care of everything. I could not have asked for a better response, and I appreciate the way the situation was handled. I definitely understand that it is not their fault, and I was assured they would take care of the problem right away.

I would stay here again, but I will be diligent in checking for bedbugs.

Room Tip: Guest laundry on the first level!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on August 4th for 2-nights on a weekend trip to Cincinnati. You can see my two previous reviews for this weekend on the Baymont Inn and Suites and the Howard Johnson's.

We had tried to book this hotel on August 3rd but they were already sold out when we called late at night. We tried to check in early but they were sold out the previous night and didn't have any rooms ready for our stay.

The nice thing though we had two rooms and when they didn't have any rooms ready they said they would be able to get the rooms very close together. We were actually right across the hall from each other. We told them we would have a late check in, since we were going to Kings Island all day.

The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows on each of the beds. The rooms had a coffee pot, microwave and refrigerator. The microwave and refrigerator are important to families traveling with small children. We always travel with drinks and when they don't eat all their dinner the microwave comes in handy to heat up the food for a snack.

The only problem we encountered on the last morning the air conditioning unit was leaking and the floor was a little wet.

We did get a full buffet breakfast every morning at Max and Erma's that was on property. The breakfast was hot and they had a nice selection of foods. They had eggs, waffles, sausage and bacon. There was fruit, variety of cereals, yogurt, danishes, and donuts. If you wanted to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich they also had that available for the kids.

We used both the indoor and outdoors pools during our stay. We liked the indoor pool better, because it you didn't hear the highway noise and it was closer to Max and Erma's if you wanted a drink and appetizers to eat around the pool.

The front desk was friendly and knowledgable.

The elevators were slow like some of the previous posts had written. The sliding doors going to the lobby didn't always slide open properly. The carpet in the lobby going to the Max and Ermas need scrubbed or replaced.

The hotel was in a great location to Kings Island.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and away from the highway. Make sure you get the room with the breakfast i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank saleaway06
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel was in a very convenient location off of I-275. Positives were that the room and bathroom were extremely clean (most important to me), the staff was helpful (gave us a king room when we originally were scheduled for a double), the room was comfortable, and I really liked the exercise room. The indoor pool was in a strange location in the lobby, and seemed small. The outdoor pool looked older. Our HVAC unit was noisy at times, and had a problem with the fan, and the public areas of the hotel seemed slightly dated and worn, but OK. Really liked having the mini-fridge and microwave in the room. Overall, our room was very clean but the property itself shows it's age in some areas, the entrance and exterior could use an update, and as some other reviewers have noted the entryway automatic doors were noisy, which doesn't leave a good first impression.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
asantomo, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We appreciate your posting on tripadvisor. Feedback from our guests helps us improve as an organization and the kind words are alwaya appreciated. I would like to say we are getting new front doors next week and the rest of the lobby is getting updated this fall. I hope if you get back to Cincinnati, you will consider staying at our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Cincinnati - Blue Ash
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 17 in Sharonville

Been to Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North? Share your experiences!