“Great hotel and Great service”

Days Inn Sharonville
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Me and my sister stayed at this hotel after our 6 hours drive from Cleveland ohio to go to kings island we checked in at 1:30 in the morning and when we got there the person at the front desk was very helpful and polite. Check in was fast and efficient. The only complaint i have is about the breakfast..... Muffins and cereal and hot coffee that not for me mcdonalds is a 1/2 mile away so thats where i ate. But for the money i spent on the hotel for two night thats a good deal.. I totally recommend this hotel to anyone just because of the convienent price and the closeness to Kings Island and the friendly staff that assisted me.. In fact i just booked me another stay in a week Heck Yea
Charlie R. Brook Park,OH

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor are very quiet and make sure you stop and get the red travel coupon book from...

Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you are going to the Cincinnati area and don't what the bulk of your money to be spent on accommodation the Days Inn Sharonville could be for you. I chose it because it was half the price of the other hotels/motels in the area. The bed was clean and comfy, and the shower worked well once we got the diverter in the shower position. The A/C worked very well and was one of the quietest we've encountered allowing us to get a good nights sleep all three nights we stayed. All I can say is "You get what you pay for". Would we go back, probably. After all the price was right.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was planning a trip to Cincinnati for my familty and searched motels and their reviews. This was a cheaper one and had decent reviews. So I thought it would be ok. WAS I ever wrong! The bathroom was a filthy mess. Hair every where, toothpaste on the sink. The AC wasn't on when we got in the room and it never did cool down much. The beds were disgusting! The sheets didn't completely cover them and the mattresses were the grossest thing I have ever seen. We slept with the sheet on us because the bedding was just nasty! Needless to say, we checked in and went to eat. Didn't get back till late and was just wiped out. So I didn't call the front desk to complain and ask for another room. So not much sleep. Bed was like a rock, pillows weren't much better. This place really needs torn down and completely rebuilt. It is old and just not worth $20 a night. When I went to check out, I spoke with the manager and complained about these things. She said the best they could do was give us a 10% discount! I said really! So I didn't stop. She informed me the only way they refund is if it is something major. I said you mean toothpaste on the sink, hair all over the bathroom, filthy bedding and being afraid to walk on the floors without shoes isn't major?! No it wasn't. Finally the foreign lady that was there said to give me a full refund. She must have been the owner. So they didn't charge me for the nights stay. Still it has left an everlasting impression in our minds. I will NEVER scrimp again on a motel! Never!

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to find another place to stay!
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were so unhappy with our accomodations at the Days Inn / Sharonville! We were TRYING to save some money on Cincinnatti Reds tickets so we did a promotion through Cincinnatti USA in which if you pick a hotel through them, you got 1/2 off on your Reds tickets. BIG MISTAKE! Yes, we ended up saving about $30 but it was not worth the money when we saw our accomodations.

Let me just say this, we've stayed in a LOT of hotels, and NEVER have I went into a room and discovered an itemized listing of the fixtures inside the room, and how much I will be charged if I should happen to steal the item! How cheesy!!! $100 for the bed comforter, $25 for the coffee maker, $10 for a bath towel, etc... This is a hotel, however the outside doors do not lock, so there's zero degree of safety in keeping non-customers out. You're greeted with aqua blue paint on the hallway walls that is simply awful. The hall carpets are old and nasty so you already have a bad feeling when you get to your room and insert the key-card. Upon opening the door we're met with "that smell" caused by housekeeping turning the AC off so the room gets 80+ degrees which allows the mildew / body odors / wet towel funky smell to release into the room. The beds were on par with sleeping on a roll out couch. The best part (I should have took a photo) was the door leading into the ajoining room, the door frame in such bad shape there was a 1/2" gap on one side of the door, and a 3" gap on the other! I don't even know how the door managed to close but thankfully it locked and there was no gap on the other room's door or else we would have been able to peek into the other room!!!! It didn't dawn on me till after our stay that if someone in the other room opened their door, they could have looked right into our room through the gap at the top of our door!!!! Anyway, the room and it's furnishings are old, the bathroom tiles have popped off and the repairs look like they were made by a 3rd grader. As a rule we ALWAYS remove the comforter and blankets and use our own and never have I been so happy as to not have to be in contact with hotel blankets!!!!

I've had some so-so hotel rooms before, but this one has forever made me never want to stay at a Days Inn again unless the hotel is brand new. The gentleman at the desk was polite and nice enough, but I'm going to rate the service as poor because I couldn't undertand his accent. I'm all for people of foreign heritage living and working here, but you don't put someone that your customers cannot understand as your first impression of your business!!! Trust me, do Priceline, shop around, we've done so much better for hotels in the Cincy area for trips to Reds games or King's Island! Avoid this Days Inn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.......
2  Thank Travis P
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Although the hotel is a bit on the old side, everything works perfectly. The beds are comfy, the rooms are huge and the owners and staff are very friendly. The hotel is big and ideal for large groups. The free wi fi is great. The breakfast is basic but quite sufficient. We had a good stay. Only negatives are the fact that windows cannot open and the a/c's are very noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had booking error at the hotel I was supposed to be at so I needed a place quickly. I've stayed at numerous Days Inns in the past and never had an issue. Upon opening the door, I should have just left. The room was dingy and dirty. There were actual wrappers left on the floor next to the bed. I can't imagine the last time it was actually vacuumed. I slept in my clothes because I didn't feel comfortable sleeping in that bed. I refused to walk on the carpet because who knows what was left on it. I would sleep in my car before I ever slept here again.

Room Tip: Sleep someplace else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Came back home to sharonville for a family visit and to go to kings island last year, and we stayed at this motel..we came up on a thursday evening (from lexington ky) and stayed until monday morning..had the best service i have ever had at any other hotel i have stayed in while visiting sharonville..the staff was very friendly, the breakfast was yummy (they have the coolest waffle maker ever...the only thing was the pool wasn't available (some sort of pump trouble) but still reguardless of that my stay was excellent!! i would totally recommend this motel to anyone who asks me...i have read some of the other negative reviews and can say i have never seen not one cockroach or had not one problem while i was there! hopefully will be hitting kings island again in late july early august and plan on making my reservations at this motel then!!! just hope the pool will be in working order then!!! keep up the great work days inn - sharonville!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Katy H, Director of Sales at Days Inn Sharonville, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

I would first like to say Thank you for all the kind words you had to say about our hotel. It means a lot to us here at Days Inn to not only hear from guest maybe had some issues but to hear what a great time you had with us make our job just that much easier. So again thank you and hope to hear from you in the coming months and please feel free to go ahead and call and make your reservation, its never too early!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Ramada Plaza Cincinnati Sharonville
Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North
Clarion Hotel Cincinnati North
#11 of 17 in Sharonville
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati - Sharonville
Days Inn & Suites - Cincinnati North
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville

Been to Days Inn Sharonville? Share your experiences!